Profinet IO driver unistalled

• Hi to all,

I have a problem with my KR16 KRC4 kuka robot. Yesterday there were many power surges from the control plant and the controller went through rapid on offs at least 4 times before I was able to shut it down for good. Upon restarting, the smart pad signals me a red bar with "emergency stop local" and among the messages I have a warning of the type KSS00076 I / O driver 'PNIODriver' uninstalled. From the Plc i can't see the robot in profinet and i think there is some profisafe signals in profinet so if the profinet of the robot not work is a problem.

Trying from the menu in the smart pad to go to configuration-> input / output-> I / O driver I see in the table the PNIODriver with the gray dot beside it instead of green (as on another twin robot). What can I do ?

Very thanks.

• markolino

Changed the title of the thread from “Profinet IO driver disinstalled” to “Profinet IO driver unistalled”.
  • If the ProfiNet was really uninstalled, You need to install it. Depending on Your KSS version (You didn't mentioned it), You can do it from Smartpad, or from WorkVisual.

But after going this way, I would recommend try to restore an good and reliable normal robot archive (backup).

• If the ProfiNet was really uninstalled, You need to install it. Depending on Your KSS version (You didn't mentioned it), You can do it from Smartpad, or from WorkVisual.

But after going this way, I would recommend try to restore an good and reliable normal robot archive (backup).

Thanks for the answer. The kss version is 8.3. The PNIO module was installed at the beginning and the machine worked for many years. But now if I go to configuration-> input / output-> I / O driver and I press the tab configuration the smart pad show me the PNIO module is installed ad if I click on it the system tells me that is impossibile to unistall it (show a lock on the name of that driver)

So how to reinstall it?

• So, I should correct my last advice.

When I wrote

But AFTER going this way, I would recommend try to restore an good and reliable normal robot archive (backup).

I was meant

But BEFORE going this way, I would recommend try to restore an good and reliable normal robot archive (backup).

-----

Did You tried to restore a good backup before reinstall ProfiNet?

To me, this looks more a corrupted configuration file than the driver itself.

• Anyway, to uninstall it, You must in Expert mode, go MENU > Start-up > Install Additional Software and press Uninstall button. You must reboot the controller.

To reinstall it, if You have an old 8.3 (and here is important to know the third number on KSS version), like 8.3.12, You will go the same Install Additional Software, but this time press New Software, and choose ProfiNet package.

I'm assuming the paths for additional software are configured and the installer files are in the right place.

If You have an newer 8.3, like 8.3.38, I think a this point ProfiNet was installed with KOPs and WorkVisual, so I recommend You to take a look in the manuals to check the procedure.

• Did You tried to restore a good backup before reinstall ProfiNet?

To me, this looks more a corrupted configuration file than the driver itself.

Ok. But restore from a good backup you mean to do a deploy from WorkVisual (after i open the backup project obviously) ?

Anyway, to uninstall it, You must in Expert mode, go MENU > Start-up > Install Additional Software and press Uninstall button. You must reboot the controller.

This must be done by smart pad ?

Thanks a lot.

• Ok. But restore from a good backup you mean to do a deploy from WorkVisual (after i open the backup project obviously) ?

Depends on how you created the backup.

If you saved a project with wov, restore it with wov.

If you created an archive on an USB stick with the smartpad, restore it with the smartpad.

If you created an image with the kuka USB stick, restore it with the kuka USB stick.

This must be done by smart pad ?

Of course yes.

• Depends on how you created the backup.

If you saved a project with wov, restore it with wov.

Thanks for your answer.

I have the old wov project so I can deploy that project to robot controller and see what happens ? And in order to do that I think that in my wov 5 i've need to have all the packets(like profinet) that are installed an used in the robot controller.

• Yes, You will need to install the right KOPs (KUKA Option Packages) on Your WorkVisual before deploy the project.

You will find these KOPs on the D: drive of Your robot, on a folder called KUKA_OPT or something like that.

• Hi,

today i installed all the kop files in my wov 5 but and deployed the project in the controller but the error remained. Any other suggestions?

In any case I cannot understand if the IO driver error is related to the profinet package that has become corrupted or to a hardware card.

Thank you very much.

• I want to share my solution to fix the error :

1) Install all the necessary packet on my wov 5

2) Send the backup project to the robot from wov > restart

3)Uninstall profinet packet from the controller by the smart pad -> restart

4)Install profinet kop file with a usb drive into smart pad (same version that it's already installed) -> restart

5)Deploy the project again from the wov environment -> restart

At this point the robot works.

I think that the problem is some corrupted file, and not the hw .

Thanks a lot for all your support :smiling_face:

• in KRC4 there is no ProfiNet specific hardware. ProfiNet is done entirely in software.

now that you have the system running, it would be a good idea to create backup and make sure that batteries are in working order.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• in KRC4 there is no ProfiNet specific hardware. ProfiNet is done entirely in software.

now that you have the system running, it would be a good idea to create backup and make sure that batteries are in working order.

Thanks a lot panic mode.

Advertising from our partners