Does $Mames do anything to axis 1 - 6 ?

• I am working with a KRC4 KR22 R1610.

I was going to change the $MAMES value for an external axis to make the mounting plate plumb when at 0 degrees.

I noticed that some of the other axis were not set to zero.

I didn't know you could (and didn't think you should) change the zero position on axis 1 - 6.

I had the robot do a PTP move to an axis position.

It doesn't seem like the MAMES values are changing the robot's AXIS Pose.

Should I set these back to zero, or do they affect anything else?

;Current MAMES Values
    $MAMES[1]=-27.0000
    $MAMES[2]=-90.0000
    $MAMES[3]=90.0000
    $MAMES[4]=0.0
    $MAMES[5]=0.0
    $MAMES[6]=0.0
    $MAMES[7]=0.0
    $MAMES[8]=0.0
    $MAMES[9]=0.0
    $MAMES[10]=0.0
    $MAMES[11]=0.0
    $MAMES[12]=0.0

Edited once, last by mjnewsum ().

• do not change the values for A1-A6. they are important...

you may not see any effect yet but you will when you master those axes. that is when those values are used.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• at zero, robot is in a "log" position (straight and horizontal).

some axes can move robot forward/reverse (A2,A3,A5)

on those axes moving positive is going forward, negative is moving back....

so A2 at -90 (90deg back) would move robot from horizontal to candlestick position.

then moving A3 forward would move robot from candlestick to cannon position.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• $MAMES is, basically, the offset between the "zero" position of the axis and the "mastering" position of the axis. As Panic mentioned, this allows the "Mastering" position for an entire KR to (for most models) be the "inverted L" pose, with A2 straight up and A3 horizontal. You've probably noticed that, if you ran all 6 axes of a KR to 0deg, the robot would be stretched out flat ("log" pose).

NEVER tamper with A1-A6 $MAMES. And tampering with $MAMES for KUKA-made external kinematic units is probably not advisable under normal circumstances. However, when integrating a 3rd-party external axis, adjusting $MAMES can be handy if the physical position of the Mastering Gauge needs to be different from where you want the zero position to be.

Obviously, changing $MAMES will have major effects on all programs, so $MAMES should be set as one of the first steps in calibrating an external axis, and never altered afterwards.

Advertising from our partners