Yaskawa SCARA SG650, DX200 Programmer, want to run a Macro while its moving to a Drop Position to save time.

• Hi:
    I want to save time while my robot is out of the camera to take the next picture. The best I've been able to do is set my PL to 8 and get what I'm guessing is a few milliseconds.

Can I run a Macro while I am doing some MOVJ and MOVL functions?

It has been years since I have had any formal training on these, and I finally talked the Boss-man into buying one, so now I need to make it perform better...

My Camera functions are in a Macro(Inspect) already that I call out at the beginning of the program, but I would like to take the picture when the arm is working on something else.

Edited once, last by Alrobot ().

• Alrobot

Changed the title of the thread from “Yaskawa SCARA SG650, NX100 Programmer, want to run a Macro while its moving to a Drop Position to save time.” to “Yaskawa SCARA SG650, DX200 Programmer, want to run a Macro while its moving to a Drop Position to save time.”.
  • The macro job would execute like a CALL JOB. You would not gain anything by changing the structure.

If you have concurrent job turned on then you can get some cycle time out. The INSPECT macro could execute concurrently with the robot moving. The INSPECT would probably need to be changed from an R1 job to a non-group job. Being awhile since I looked at the INSPECT. May need to pull an instruction or two out but I don’t think so.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I looked at the INSPECT macro. I don't see anything that would need to be changed except the job type. IF you have concurrent job you could PSTART that job as the robot after the robot has picked the part and is out of the way.

Don't know how much cycle time you are looking to get out but it won't be a lot. Using a small high speed robot the vision job is usually the bottleneck depending on what vision tools are used.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• If I can get another 75-100 mSec per cycle, I can get my parts per minute up to almost 55-60, which is what my boss really wants. I am picking swabs out of an Asyril sorting table, using a Cognex camera. I see that my camera is my bottleneck. I have gotten 100 mSec better camera by tuning it better, it seems like the INSPECT macro is where the robot stops and waits. I am hoping to trigger the INSPECT macro while the robot is putting my picked part on the conveyor. I will try what has been suggested and post results.

Advertising from our partners