G4 axis limit after program adjust.

• Imgur
    imgur.com

I needed to adjust my my pallet about 20 mm X- today. After enabling I got the error saying one line was beyond an axis limit. I made the adjustments and the robot did stop at that line. It makes no sense why there was a limit there. The point was almost dead center on the pallet. I retaught the position and the robot pushed through, and it was even ok on the next pallet. I have screen shots of the positions hoping somone can explain why this happens Because I seem to have to do this an awful lot.

Imgur
    imgur.com

• Its the config string that is doing it. By having a -1 in there, you are telling the motion planner to solve with the last joint (j4 in this case) between -180 and -540 degrees.

Your pre-shifted point may be fine at something like -181, but when shifted, it still needs to solve within that -1 constraint, so the planner solves near the other end of the limit. Throwing a 0 in there will get it to solve at something like -179.

Normally, on 6-axes robots, the motion planner ignores the config string with linear moves, but I guess this is not true with 4 axes robots. You may want to look at the MROT motion modifier instruction. Tells the robot to take the minimum angle joint path.

Also, I made a video on config numbers a while ago:

Fanuc Robots: The Configuration String
    In this video I go over what the configuration string inside of Cartesian points on Fanuc TP programs does, and how to manipulate it.
    www.youtube.com

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners