High Speeds

• Hello to everyone!!!!

In a robot manipulator of Yaskawa if we put in all moves at high (MOVJ 100 and MOVL 1600), what are the problems that could appear on manipulator and electrical panel ??

There is a possibility of burning the electrical panel for example?

Thank you.

• Will be a future problem if the Yasakawa robot works 24hours/week in high speeds (MOVJ 100 and MOVL 1600) without stop? Υou know if there should be any down time?

Also another question if you can answer me: If a Yaskawa robot work in high speeds and there is a power outage, the servo brakes will be activate and as a result the manipulator will stop instantly. Would you put a UPS before electrical panel to protect the manipulator from the instantly power outage?

Thank you!!! :smiling_face:

• Hello Panos,

As long as you keep the maintenance works up to date, everything should work fine. Industrial robots are made for working 24/7 doing fast movements non stop.

About the power outage, I would not worry much about that, because every industrial robot should come with protection against this kind of issues. The brakes will activate, the robot will stop and when the power comes back on, you will be noticed with the "the actual position is not the last recorded position, would you like to go back to it?" message.

After that, everything should work fine again.

And if the power shortages are something usual in your factory,.. I would reccomend to check the power supplies of the factory instead of the robot ones!!!

"Hell...Yesterday it was workinG... I sweaR" :o)

Advertising from our partners