Home Position (mastering)

• Hi all,

I have retrofit cell with old YASKAWA 3100, DX100. There was different HOME POSITIONS at teach pendant and in controller. Robot owner doesn't know about this difference. They didn't have replaced motors, memory, etc. I think that it's operator's mistake and I want to return pulses from paper in controller.

May be they had dead battery? Is need to change HOME POSITION in the case of replacing battery in robot random position? Or HOME POSITION will be constant in cases with battery problems?

• If the problem is from battery you will give battery error on pendant and also after turn OFF and ON the data in HOME POSITION page will be lose and you see * in front of axis that have battery problem.

The difference between HOME POSITION data and label data in controller isn't because of battery, maybe when you buy the controller the data in HOME POSITION changed but they didn't update data on the label.

For check that the value in HOME POSITION is correct or not, go to SECOND HOME POSITION and turn servo ON and hold FWD key, robot will go to home. After that check the marker on each axis, if all marker are in front of markers on axis your home is correct and the data on the controller isn't important but if your home was incorrect check with value in the label.

Advertising from our partners