KRC4 Start up issue Ethercat control bus

• I am trying to start up a Kuka CR4 controller with a KR 10 r1100 robot, however one of the main issues that I am running into seems to be an issue with the ethercat connection to the RDC.

One of the other warnings showing the "No Robot Number Programmed" is telling me that I need to change the configuration of the controller components and change the RDC to a micro RDC, When I do this nothing changes and both warnings persist.

I have tried backing up the KIADialog to get the RDC information but this folder was empty so I am not sure what the issue could be. In the KRCDiag.log file this is what it shows related to the RDC

10:36:42 ================================================================================

10:36:42 ----- Getting RDC data

10:36:42 Uploading RDC data...

10:36:42 Result: #ERRORRDCFILEREAD

10:36:42 ================================================================================

This does not fill me with confidence. Something that I saw on other forum posts noted that the battery may have something to do with this, and on that note the battery for the CR4 came plugged in when we received it.

System info:

Any help with this issue would be very much appreciated.

• there could be several reasons:

robot data cable is not connected or it is damaged (bent or pushed out pin). Check X21-X31 connection between robot and controller

wrong EtherCat connections are made. KUKA controllers are delicate when it comes to EtherCat, connecting some random device to a wrong RJ45 port and robot is screwed up...

but the most likely reason is that last activated WorkVisual project does not match that system... KRC4 is not one controller, it is a family, and individual controllers differ from each other in several ways - including drives, supply voltage etc. (cabinet type).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners