continuously monitor a GI signal

• HI,

I need to monitor the value of a laser during a linear movement of the robot.

The laser gives me an instantaneous reading of the part and passes me a GI signal.

I am looking for a solution similar to the "SearchL" instruction but which works with GI signals.

The aim is to stop the robot's path when the laser detects a certain height.

In kuka I can do this without any problems, but with ABB I cannot find a solution.

Can you help me? :tired_face:

thanks

• ISignalAI instruction will allow you to trigger an interrupt from an analog value. You should be able to remap you GI to an AI representation. With this, you can specify a value which represents the desired height interrupt. You will have to experiment with the scaling, but you should be able to do so.

• A LOT more crass than Lemster's solution (provided your system has multitasking) would be to monitor the group input you have with a background task (monitoring activated by a persistent Boolean variable & using the desired robot for the task's Use Mechanical Group) in a WHILE DO loop then stop once the condition is met.

WHILE bMonitorActive DO

WHILE GInput(gi_LaserValue)>nDesiredHeight DO

WaitTime 0.001;

ENDWHILE

StopMove;

bMonitorActive:=FALSE

WaitTime 0.001;

ENDWHILE

Yes, this is only a snippet.

Edited once, last by SomeTekk ().

Advertising from our partners