Deburring Translation Program Offset

• Dear

I have something to discuss, does anyone here has an experience with the robot Deburring project? please, let's discuss this in my thread.

currently, I have a deburring project, this deburring is standard deburring without using any force sensor or vision camera, I have no problem with teaching, trialing the feed rate, and also trialing the quality, until my customer asking on how to offset the deburring position so we can make the robot move to the target deburring slowly.

please kindly check my picture below, if the workpiece (Blue) has a hole diameter and I have finished teaching my deburring movement in Red, is it possible to make my teaching offset like the Green dash circle inside? the purpose is to move the robot move slowly and feed slowly form the inside of the diameter to the target of deburring. this can be useful if you want to protect your tooling so you can make your robot eat the metal 2mm per eating for example.

I have Trial "Program Adjustment" on TP, but it seems only working on the cartesian direction either it is the Tool frame or User Frame.

my target is to make it change like when we set the number in the Roboguide Cad to Path function on the tools: "Translation Relative to Segment".

anyone has some idea or suggestion

thank you very much

• HI

Before I even think about it. Is your program just a few circular points ? Is it a bunch of taught points ? Is that perfect circle ? What about the tool shape , do yo u rotate the tool while rotating around the part ?

Just asking because if I look at your picture, I would have a program with circular motions based on the radio ?

Retired but still helping

• Just use offsets in your program. Then you can create a loop where you increment that user l offset each time.

i Use a Tool Frame for making the program, even I offset my program to X or Y direction, it won't shrink perfectly to the inside of the diameter like the picture above because my Tool position R is always in 0 position. should i make a normal position of X to the Circular point?

• HI

Before I even think about it. Is your program just a few circular points ? Is it a bunch of taught points ? Is that perfect circle ? What about the tool shape , do yo u rotate the tool while rotating around the part ?

Just asking because if I look at your picture, I would have a program with circular motions based on the radio ?

Hi, thank you for answering

1. actually the profile of the workpiece is not that simple, it's way more complex, seems like combine between circular and rectangle. i make that model to simplify my explanation.

2. the tool is an end mill for cutting, and yes i do not rotate the R of my Toll around the part, all the R position is the same position due to robot reach. should i Rotate R normal to the surface?

Advertising from our partners