How to run LS file through the USB

• Hi

I am working with R30ib Plus Fanuc Controller. I have generated the G-codes from RoboDk in LS file, but when I want to load it through the controller via USB, I have faced to this message" the file is not loadable".

So could you please let me know what should I do at this step?
    :smiling_face:

Edited once, last by shpersia ().

• Thanks Massula, how can I find my controller has ASCII upload option installed? and if it does not have this option, how can I install it?

• To know if your robot has ASCII upload option installed:

If You have an All Of Above backup, You can pick the SUMMARY.DG file, open it with any text editor, an search for ASCII Upload and/or ASCII Program Loader Options in the CONFIG:: section.

Something like

Code
    Ascii Program Loader  R796
    Ascii Upload          R507

If You have access to the real robot, You can also check this information at MENU > 0 Next > 4 STATUS > 4 Version ID (numbers can vary).

Inside Version ID screen, You press F3 [CONFIG] and scroll the list. Is the same list contained on the CONFIG:: section of SUMMARY.DG.

To obtain this option, in case You robot doesn't have it, as Fabian mentioned, You need to call FANUC. This is a paid option.

• Hi

I have converted the file from the LS to TP and put the program into USB. I have followed these following steps, but I could not run the program:

1-Insert USB to teach pendant

2-menu>file>utility>set device>select program>load>run>overwrite

3-turn teach pendant off and put controller in Auto position

4- When I press the Cycle start, my program is not able to run

so could you please let me know what can I do to run my program?

I have converted the file from the LS to TP

How, exactly? Were there any error messages?

menu>file>utility>set device>select program>load>run>overwrite

Do any messages occur when you do this?

turn teach pendant off and put controller in Auto position

Did you select the program first? Are your SIO and UIO set up correctly?

When I press the Cycle start, my program is not able to run

Again, what messages occur when you do this?

• Thanks Massula, I have checked it and I do not think it was configured?

I have seen these following information:

Remote/ Local setup: Local

External I/O (ON: Remote): DI [ 0]

Edited once, last by shpersia ().

• How, exactly? Were there any error messages?

I have received the LS program and changed it to TP program through the Roboguide.

Do any messages occur when you do this?

after loading program, I have received this

TP already exist and syst-179

Did you select the program first? Are your SIO and UIO set up correctly?

I did select program and did not do SIO and UIO (could you please let me know how should I do it?

Again, what messages occur when you do this?

After loading program to do cycle start, I have faced to these errors including sys-011 and sys-047 to run the program, so may I know how to solve them?

• Do you know what version of robot you have? Anything v9.4 or higher exports .ls files with a "LOCAL_REGISTERS" line in the program settings at the top. Unless someone else has a solution, I have not been able to download these .ls files to the robot via USB until I delete this line. Maybe this would be something you can check?

Advertising from our partners