Drives enable

• your robot controller type is KRC4 compact so you are lucky as all necessary hardware is already included.

this means you just need to deactivate ProfiSafe by changing number of safety IO to 0 (see post #52). deploy and activate modified WorkVisual project, activate new safety configuration and you will be back to X11.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Every post in a thread has a number in the upper right corner, e.g. this one is #63. Going back in the discussion you will find #54:

Fubini

• 1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• To use X11 as safety interface, ProfiSafe need to be turned off, which is done with WorkVisual. This means installing and configuring WorkVisual, getting working project from robot, saving it as new file name, turning off ProfiSafe, deploying and activating modified project, activating new safety configuration. Then X11 will be active..................

Code
    I didn't understand this, can you please tell me how to work step by step to turn off profisafe and turn on x11, I know I've bored you
  • why don't you try formatting your posts correctly?

why are your statements inside code block? code block is for program code only.

1. Get WorkVisual (WoV). If you do not have it:

a) download it from KUKA website.

b) Install it on your computer

2. Configure WoV

a) Integrate into WoV all *.KOP files you find on D:\ of your robot. You can copy them onto a USB stick or you can share D:\ of the robot... Once you have files on your computer run WoV without any project open then use menu Extras>Option Package Management etc.

b) If your KRC is master of any non-KUKA devices, for example EtherCat IO modules etc. import device description file for each of them. Again, run WoV without any project open, then use menu File>Import/Export>Import device description file>Next>Browse> (adjust filter in lower right corner as needed) and select files to be installed. Repeat as needed. this will search for new devices and add them into DTM catalog after each new file. Btw. In the past this part (and today if one happens to work with old WoV version) this was initiated manually. Should have kept it that way since each search and catalog import is slow and it would be nice to do this step only once. But KUKA decided to automate this and make it simpler for idiots and people who actually do this often are wasting time here... I wish they gave you a choice (a prompt or setting in the options) to turn the thing off.

Note: Failure to configure WoV can (and usually does) result in problems and project not working (due to compilation errors for example).

3. Connect your computer to KRC by an Ethernet cable. If connecting to KLI interface, assign suitable network settings to your computer (compatible IP address and subnet mask). If using KSI make sure your computer is configured to obtain network settings automatically. Note, if using KSI, connect your laptop directly to KSI - without anything else (no ethernet switch with other devices...).

4. Transfer working WoV project from KRC to your computer. use menu File>Browse>... when you see controller expand it, there will be bunch of projects. project on the top of the list and has a little green "play" thing on the robot icon is the currently active project. select it and transfer it to your computer.

5. Save the working project. use File Save... this will be the backup.

6. Save project again with new name. Use File SaveAs... pick another name. this will the project to play with (one to be modified).

7. Activate project in WoV. Expand Cell in project structure, right click on controller and select Set As Active Controller. the controller will be shown in bold and now Bus Structure will allow expanding and accessing PofiNet config.

robot-forum.com/attachment/35429/

8. Modify KRC ProfiNet settings - turn off ProfiSafe. This was shown in post #52. Simply change SafeIO number to 0... Save project.

Note: only turn off safe IOs. if you want to communicate with PLC, you need to keep the standard IOs. Following image shows that standard IOs are not present either (Number of IOs is zero as well). If both are zero (or if standard IO are not mapped) there is no data to exchange with PLC and ProfiNet will not work at all.

35362-pasted-from-clipboard-png

9. Deploy and activate new project:

a) make sure robot is in T1 mode

b) deselect any programs and close any open windows (configuration plugins)

c) login as Safety Maintenance

d) on the WorkVisual send modified project to KRC (click Deploy or press F6). Project will be compiled and if all is ok, it will start transfer... Prompts on WoV side vary slightly depending on used KSS and WoV versions, but ... during transfer there will also be two prompts to acknowledge on the smartPad.

e) after project is activated, new safety configuration also need to be activated - on the smartPad use menu Configuration>Safety Configuration>... choose reasons for change (this will be logged) and then click on Activate button. this will take a minute or so...

9. Confirm new safety interface is X11. The red banner will be gone. If you enter safety configuration it will show that X11 is the current interface rather than ProfiSafe... (like in post #52)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

3) read 1 and 2

• Calculate parity bit correct in PLC and set bit 12 (PGNO_PARITY) according to the result or set PGNO_PARITY to zero instead of 12, that means no parity. On bus systems IMHO parity doesn't make sense that much, it's a historical leftover.

• of course... your EXT config is invalid:

1. the Autoexternal IO are setup incorrectly,

2. your CELL.SRC does not have CASE 4

3. your PLC is sending PGNO value 4

4. as hermann stated, configuring system to not use parity is quite normal nowdays. parity is a weak check. but choosing to control robot from PLC without any check is dangerous. program number mirroring is a strong check.

3) read 1 and 2

• how can I fix this problem?what should I do?

And another question ,after the program is executed , how to reset the program with plc,is there an entry (input) to reset the program?

• you need to read documentation, comment your IO and then make sure that AutoExternal configuration uses correct signals - without overlaps or conflicts.

for example your screenshot shows that PGNO_LENGTH is 8. that means 8 bits are used to communicate PGNO. PGNO_FBIT says that first of those 8 bits is input 5. that means inputs 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 are all used for PGNO. but.. you also have some of those inputs assigned another function like $DRIVES_OFF and PGNO_PARITY. since $DRIVES_OFF is normally always true, input 7 is true and robot reads PGNO inputs as series of bits 00100000 which presented in usual order (LSB on the right) is 00000100 which is decimal value 4. .... hmmmm.. number 4.... why does PGNO value 4 ring a bell?

and this is an example of how easy is to corrupt PGNO. which is why PLC need to check if the robot sees correct value - before PLC decides to turn on PGNO_VALID.

about resetting program from PLC. you do not want to do that... unless you really know what you are doing (requires competence). reason is that each program should start and end with robot arm at the same known place - home position. if PLC was to abort the program that is half way through, robot is not at home... so if PLC is then to request start of another program, crazy things could happen. in EXT there is no BCO (even though message may tell you that BCO is needed). so when program is started, robot will immediately run and likely crash.

and that is why by default, canceling program, homing robot and then starting production again is normally a manual process... but if you insist, read the manual and check CWRITE commands for selecting/stopping and cancelling program. or search forum...

3) read 1 and 2

• and you were right,I didn't paid attention , and I set pgno_fbit to 17 , and this time the error program 0 not available came, can you tell me why we have to run this program?what happens when it run this program? What happens when it runs correctly ? And what to do with the information I sent I will do it until the end , thank you dear panic mode

• forum is a great place to bounce ideas but it is not a substitute for formal training.

everything you asked is well documented. what do you think where others get the information?

also everything was discussed many times so feel free to try search function.

and if taking KUKA training is not an option and you are on a tight deadline, consider hiring contractor to help you out

3) read 1 and 2

The biggest problem is that many people learn to write a program with teached positions, then they are called "real robot programmers".

You should try to go a different way: learn to code some programs on a PC, in a language of your choice (pascal, c, basic,...), and learn things about data structures, programming structures, algorithms..., then learn the robot specific things on top. JM2C

A quote from a very old thread.

This is not meant as some kind of bashing, but as a good advice. And I know it's not that easy to follow this advice, as it will require a long time.

You can learn programming also on a KRC, but it will be easier on a PC, as there exist many tutorials for those programming languages.

• I read the documentation , but I can't find where I am wrong.

Please help me again

there is a lot of documentation... you may be reading wrong things. as mentioned before read pinned topic READ FIRST to find what are the key documents and how to find ones for your KSS.

EXT mode uses CELL.SRC and handshaking sequence and that sequence need to be programmed into PLC. but you continue to look at the robot side for any problems and ignore PLC side.

also you are not showing that you are really considering responses or evaluating what they mean. for example it was already suggested that your PLC should verify that PGNO is correct before it tells to robot that value is correct. but you are ignoring that.

it was also suggested to use mirroring of PGNO to avoid selection of wrong program. but you ignore that as well...

pretty sure forum search function could also return some interesting thing. again, there is no evidence that you did that either. if you want someone to do everything for you, no problem, but it will cost you...

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners