Connect KR C5 micro digital output to arduino

• Hello,

I have the following question, I want to connect a digital output of the KR C5 micro to an Arduino, I have the circuit to condition the 24V to the 5V that Arduino supports, but I can't manage to identify or make the digital pins work. According to the datasheet, the digital I/O corresponds to the XG12 connector but when measuring with a multimeter it marks 0V and that would be another question, which part corresponds the ground to measure the output. :thinking_face: :thinking_face:

• none of the IO are mapped from factory. read controller documentation (MA_KR_C5_micro_en.pdf).

first thing you need to do is get WorkVisual installed and configured. that mean you need to integrate KOP files that are on D:\... of your robot. (failure to do that will result in problems later on when you try to deploy modified project from WorkVisual to robot controller.)

then you need to transfer working project from the robot to WorkVisual, save it (working copy), save as new file name (this one will be modified), configure and map the robot IO as needed, then save, deploy modified project back to robot and activate it (need Expert or higher login).

DC voltage for IO on XG12 is available on XD12/XD12.1 (clearly shown in the manual).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi panic mode,

just a small trick from me, you can uncheck the option below in the workvisual to bypass the KOp integration into the WoV, because KUKA releases the Wov versions for bug fix quite frequently so It would be so annoying if we have to to the integration for every new version.

• Hi panic mode,

just a small trick from me, you can uncheck the option below in the workvisual to bypass the KOp integration into the WoV, because KUKA releases the Wov versions for bug fix quite frequently so It would be so annoying if we have to to the integration for every new version.

Althought this option is available, I strongly recommend NOT use it, specially on newer robots, like a KRC5, where KSS is very KOP dependant.

Compile and deploy a project without the right KOPs installed on WoV can overwrite and even delete and option from the controller.

On the other hand, since WoV 5.x, there is a feature to create different KOP profiles, so You can have different KOP versions installed on the same WoV instance. On newer versions of WoV 6.x, it even points what KOP profile is best suited to edit a project, when We forget to select the right profile before opening a project.

• Agreed ...

That tells wov to ignore detailed version check. But that does not mean that one should not integrate KOPs. Just that it should not complain if similar version is found. And in some cases it will work even without KOPs. But not always. Try that with a project that uses one if weld options, etc and you will be in for a shock Project will compile error free. You can deploy and activate it but then you will see red X across every file..

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello I understand that you are supposed to use XD12.1 and XD12 for XG12 non safe IOS, having issues undestanding which pins are for ground. Does anybody have working KRC5 controller with correct connections.

• did you check the documentation?

it shows contact diagram and function of each contact.

and it tells you what kind of power supply to use.

so what part of this info is confusing?

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners