KRC 2 no screen

• I have problem with KRC2. There is nothing on screen when controler is on. I have change pendant, hard drive, RAM memory. After that I have changed PC, also changed control board.

Every thing that I have done, no use. Still I have nothing on screen. Power suplays are OK. All fuses are OK. Does anyone have a idea what could be wrong?

• Hello, did you tried and short POWER_ON jumper on the motherboard? Sometimes BIOS on the motherboard is cleared and KUKA PC doesn't start by itself then. After that KUKA settings needs to be applied in the BIOS.

• i thought abut the same but discarded it. if CMOS settings were lost, there would still be some initial info on the screen along with errors. also TS stated that he swapped entire KPC. so i would suspect issue is elsewhere. probably power to KCP or KPC is not on (blown fuse, poor connection...) or KCP background light is gone.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• OP also listed "swapped the pendant" in the first post. So, what's left?

Checking for 27V at the KPC power connection. Checking any indicator LEDs on the KPC motherboard. Plugging a VGA monitor into the KVGA card to see what outputs, if anything.

Hm... what indicators are there on the KPC motherboard that might indicate if the system is booting at all? I've never tried this, but do the KPC motherboards have a speaker terminal where you could attach a piezo speaker and listen for BIOS codes?

If this robot had an IP address set up before this happened, try pining it. If there's any FieldBus setup, see if it's communicating with anything.

Swap KPCs with a working KRC?

• i thought abut the same but discarded it. if CMOS settings were lost, there would still be some initial info on the screen along with errors. also TS stated that he swapped entire KPC. so i would suspect issue is elsewhere. probably power to KCP or KPC is not on (blown fuse, poor connection...) or KCP background light is gone.

Yes i agree,i missed the part that PC was exchanged(hopefully with one which has been checked on working controller),but i had also many times issues where just PC wasn't turning on, even if there were power on the PC power supply connector. If BIOS setting are cleared, sometimes motherboard still wants to be turned on (there is no screen on pendant) with shorting PWR_ON jumper just like a regular PC with power ON/OFF button. If everything else is checked and turns ok, i would still try this. Of course if this other PC is working on other controller OK, then issue somewhere else... checking power supply for voltage etc...

• maybe KPC PSU is not on. if it is on, there will be 5V or red wires and about 12V on yellow wires on hdd/cd power connectors.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• maybe KPC PSU is not on. if it is on, there will be 5V or red wires and about 12V on yellow wires on hdd/cd power connectors.

I also was thinking that, and he said he tried other PC(hopefully tested), KPC PSU is inside the same housing, so if other PC is working on other controller, it should boot also here if there is 27V on X961 connector.

• I will check connector. Yes, I swap PC. PC is definitly working on other robot. I have cheked fuses, they are OK. DC supplay is OK. I have asked before, could be problem with supply for drives?

So have you measured the voltage on X961 connector when you say DC supply is OK? If there is voltage on X961 the other PC from working controller should start also here unless when you plug the X961 in the PC you somehow detach the pin out of connector or is oxided like Panic said. This controller was working OK before this problem?

• your posts are ambiguous and confusing. please read pinned topic READ FIRST

previously you said

I will check connector. Yes, I swap PC. PC is definitly working on other robot.

that suggests that PC is operational but you never confirmed if that PC also works in original controller (one that has problem with display)

then you posted

Konekotor is good. As i told, I have instal another PC, and PC is working fine.

DC 24V supply is ok, a have measure its output.

can you be specific? which connector? you measured DC supply where exactly?

if there is a replacement PC and the PC is now operational then you need to check teach pendant.

btw how did you confirm that new PC is actually working in the problem system if there is no display output?

And if the PC does work, then it is time to check teach pendant. (power, backlight...)

3) read 1 and 2

• Konekotor is good. As i told, I have instal another PC, and PC is working fine.

DC 24V supply is ok, a have measure its output.

Your answers are really confusing, you said the other PC works on other controller, but not on broken controller(at least what i have understood), and there is no picture on pendant on the screen.

For PC power is supplied from KPS600 on X7(pins 7,8) connector over fuse F15 that is why i asked according your problem description how did you confirmed DC supply is OK for PC.

So if PC works on broken take also pendant from working controller. But how did you then confirmed that PC works if you still don't have picture on pendant :thinking_face:. I'm out and hope you fix what ever problem you have.

Advertising from our partners