Training samples

• I was wondering if anyone has or can suggest some simple training exercises I can give to a couple of people who have joined where I work.

I've been over loads with them and have set a couple of tasks that I was set when I went on motoman training here in the UK but wondered if people had any suggestions on good practice exercises and tests to give them. I've done bits like increment and once you reach a certain number jump parts of the job and then reset to start again. I'm new to this training people and just thought someone here might have some good suggestions.

Thanks for your help in advance

Steve

• A few things that comes to mind.

1. Modifying points

Have them moving an object from a to b. Move the object to a different location. Do this enough times and they'll get tired. Then show them how to use the shift function.

2. Tooldata

Make them move a object from a to b, then switch the tool to a similar but where the TCP coordinates aren't the same. Tell them that they are not allowed to modify the points.

3. Workobject

Use a table on wheels and have the robot move a part from a to b. Move the table. Also here they aren't allowed to modify any points.

4. Optimization

Create a slow and weird process and make them optimize the movements.

• I've covered a few of them however the tooldata skipped my mind that's a good one for me to give them.

I've set them a task at the moment to make a program that picks from point A and then places to point B in 10mm increments on the x or y place position for 10 cycles then pick from point c and place to point d incrementing on the z this time for 5 cycles then reverse the the entire thing and make it take everything back from the positions to where they got them from.

Might have gone a bit far but youngsters these days pick stuff up easy enough

• I've been training new guys at work for years. Usually I do not care about programming I do care that they understand 3 things

1) jogging the robot linearly or joint. They need to understand the difference

2) teaching a point L or J. They need to understand that has nothing to do how the jog the robot

3) Understand with a simple A to B programs. Teach A, jog the robot all over the place, teach B. Then run.

They need to understand that the robot only know how to go from A to B and all the other motions they did are "forgotten"

Retired but still helping

• I've been training new guys at work for years. Usually I do not care about programming I do care that they understand 3 things

1) jogging the robot linearly or joint. They need to understand the difference

2) teaching a point L or J. They need to understand that has nothing to do how the jog the robot

3) Understand with a simple A to B programs. Teach A, jog the robot all over the place, teach B. Then run.

They need to understand that the robot only know how to go from A to B and all the other motions they did are "forgotten"

thanks for the input. I went over all the basic stuff like that with them. I was more looking for little projects to try and get to do that would use a wide range of instructions to try and get them thinking, kind of like a little puzzle for them to solve

Advertising from our partners