TCP actual coordinate system

• Hello ,

I have MH12 with the controller DX-200. can please somebody tell me how can I see the actual position regarding the Tool Center Point? I need it to define and calculate some points and shifts.

Thanks ..

• Basis, roboter, and anwender all show the position of the active tcp. The data is the tcp's position with respect to the origin of something, the basis, the roboter, or an anwender.

The screen you are displaying is tcp #5's position from the origin of the roboter.

To edit/teach the tcp, go to ROBOTER in the Main Menu. Then Tool Control Point. Since Tool Number Switching is on, press SELECT on the tool number you wish to edit.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• thank you for your fast answer.

actually, I don't need to edit the TCP. and yes you are right they are all TCP with respect to...

But for example in KUKA there is the ability to show the actual position with respect to TCP. in other words my TCP will be the reference. and that is very helpful in teaching some difficult objects.

• thank you for your fast answer.

actually, I don't need to edit the TCP. and yes you are right they are all TCP with respect to...

But for example in KUKA there is the ability to show the actual position with respect to TCP. in other words my TCP will be the reference. and that is very helpful in teaching some difficult objects.

I don't think you are asking the right thing.

When you reference your TCP as the coordinates system... what then, is going to be the point in that coordinate system, that gives you its position data as the feed back?

Are you asking for something like "Remote TCP(Fanuc)" or "External Reference Point(Motoman)" that's a point in space that is not connected to the robot? If so, you are looking at "User Coordinates" based on robot's world position. I forgot what it's called on KUKA.

The point is, THE TCP, is often referring to a point that will be moving with the robot. And if that is going to be the reference coordinate system, you would have to pick another object of reference somewhere to give you the position data relative to it.

Edit:

On Motoman, you will have to create a "User Coordinate" and then program the robot with EIMOV* to enable the robot to move as if this "User Coordinate" is the center of reorientation. (A special coord mode need to be selected for this interpretation to work when jogging, the icon look like the Joint mode but crossed off with a red line)

Advertising from our partners