how start from certain point in program after ending task?

• We are troubleshooting the robot integration and sometimes I am having to stop the program and go back and made edits in other called programs. This is forcing me to abort/end task. Now the program wants to start over when I have an unfinished pallet. How can I start from a certain line in the program ?

• You can scroll down and start at any line you want, but if it's calling any sub programs you must start at the top level. A better solution is to make your program more resilient so you can abort and start over any time and it recovers. For palletizing that means keeping in registers the status of which row/part you are on, handling a part in the gripper, and getting home safely.

• You can scroll down and start at any line you want, but if it's calling any sub programs you must start at the top level. A better solution is to make your program more resilient so you can abort and start over any time and it recovers. For palletizing that means keeping in registers the status of which row/part you are on, handling a part in the gripper, and getting home safely.

I have not been able to get around to using all of the registers. Right now for instance, the robot didn't pick up any boxes off infeed so I want to go back one step. But when I go to the line I want the robot to start at, when I hit start the robot skips back down to where it left off. I need it to go back a step and complete the pickup.

• Can you post your code?

this basically:

Pick up Routine:

JP HOME

LP Wait

LP Pickup box

LP wait

JP pallet approach

Robot thought there were boxes there to pick up but there weren’t. I stopped robot and jogged robot down to get parts. I need to be able to start robot on any line I choose basically. Right now when I stop and start robot always picks up where it left off.

• cat91345

For a better and more precise answer we need to see the actual code

Those two WAIT points look good for decisions but it's not only that. I think the most critical part is when/where you update your registers with the values of row, column and height.

At this point I don't even know if your program generate points automatically or you taught all the points for the pallet,

Retired but still helping

• It would be more helpful to have the actual program. But from what I see it looks like you may have a wait condition? If so you probably need to start there.

So, robot was given UI15 when there weren't any boxes (i had turned on DO25 manually and forgot to turn off). So, it went all way to step 8 before i could stop it. I needed the robot to go back to line 4 and repeat pick process. However, robot alwahys goes to where it left off

• So, robot was given UI15 when there weren't any boxes (i had turned on DO25 manually and forgot to turn off). So, it went all way to step 8 before i could stop it. I needed the robot to go back to line 4 and repeat pick process. However, robot alwahys goes to where it left off

From what I understand, your stopping the program, selecting line 4 from the TP, and then running it. But when you run it, the robot continues with the move function from line 8. From my understanding of Fanuc, the robot will continue to finish its line of code before moving on to the line you selected unless you abort. You can do this by selecting "Func" and then pressing "Abort All" on the menu screen. You can then run the program with the line you want to start from selected and the robot will instantly start to move to that new line.

• Normally yes, but I think this was a one-off kind of situation where they forgot to manually trigger a flag off again

So the trick to starting at a certain position is this. I had to Function/Abort, go to the position in the program i want to start at, Step to that position, then hit start. The robot will then start in the selected position and continue the program from there. I am not sure if there's a setting I am missing that makes it start at any given point or not.

Advertising from our partners