TurnOFF T51H Controller

• Hi, I have experience in ABB and KUKA, but not in Kawasaki.

Is there any way to TurnOff a T51H Controller trhough teachpendant??

Why my question? Same days ago, after a power restart (through Controller Power Switch), the controller did not start anymore. Only a teachpendant in blue screen.

The solution, was replace compact flash. Was necesary install operative system, and the user program in a new compact flash. The damaged compact flash, could not be read in PC (with USB Compact Flash converter).

In KUKA, and ABB you can poweroff controller through KPC or TPU, without open main circuit braker. Is there similar option in Kawasaki T51H??

Thanks in advance.

Mario

• From an end user perspective, the answer is no as there really is no need as the Kawasaki architecture always boots up in the same way, unless you are carrying out maintenance tasks, which use the dipswitch settings located on the 1VA board where you need to power off, set dipswitches and power on again.

• From an end user perspective, the answer is no as there really is no need as the Kawasaki architecture always boots up in the same way, unless you are carrying out maintenance tasks, which use the dipswitch settings located on the 1VA board where you need to power off, set dipswitches and power on again.

Thanks kwakisaki. I will read about 1VA. Anny suggest to prevent Compact flash broken???

• Anny suggest to prevent Compact flash broken???

Hmmm......the only things I can suggest are:

- Wait a minimum of 5 secs from when you power off the controller to when you power back on.

- During any file saves/loads, whether USB or Ethernet, make sure their is no intermittent connection between the devices, especially during loads as loading of data involves deleting and re-writing of existing data unless in use by a process.

- This also includes if you are using FTP to dump regular file saves to an external medium too, try not to interrupt that process with a power off event until complete.

The reason for a wait period between power off and power on, is during a power off event, the controller overruns for a very small period (if you can see the internal boards, the leds are still pinking away during this period) and it carries out an internal file save/dump (just like a PC), then upon power restoration, the previous configuration is loaded.

Do not power off and immediately power on.

I have tested this in anger and roached the PC card in the exact same way you described.

Not saying this is a common issue, but I have found 100% waiting 5 secs minimum between power cycles has resulted in 0% failures.

Aside from exceeding the OEM read/write cycles of the CF card, I have never personally experienced CF failures except for exceeding read/write cycles or rapid power off and power off.

• Thanks again.

In our case, the fail appear after a some hours de-energized.

I agree, the compact flash may be damaged by aging. I'm analysing replece it. It is working for 5 year.

Regards

• In our case, the fail appear after a some hours de-energized.

Very strange....... ???

CF Card is non volatile, so even without power for xxxx periods, should not result in CF card corruption.

Maybe worth checking 1VA battery and change, but I never heard of that causing CF card issues.

I suspect 'external influence' is responsible for damage.

• I add another observation: When I tried to clone CF using DD for Windows (*), the process interrupt at 98% when reading, and another at 99%. This happened twice, in differents controllers (same model, T51H).

We strongly suspect a bad memory sector, in bothe controllers. Strange is, similar bad memory sector (98 and 99%).

(*):Recomended by Kawasaki's technician https://www.si-linux.co.jp/techinfo/index.php

Regards

Advertising from our partners