agilus 2 IO connecting

• Hi

I have agilus 2 2020 year

IO on x41 conector working normaly but its strange to wiring this signal

on the top of robot

is there any way to connect this on back of robot or in controller box ?

• IO on x41 conector working normaly but its strange to wiring this signal

If it's "working normally," what's so weird about it?

is there any way to connect this on back of robot or in controller box ?

Not that I'm aware of -- the X41 circuits are all on dedicated wiring, IIRC.

Does your KRC4 have the X12 I/O option installed?

• i dont have x12

I mean its strange to wire IO signal on top of robot

old agilus have connector on the back that have same pins and it

was possible to wire it from back of robot

I making robot for coffie making and its realy dificult to make it looks nice with ONrobot gripper and IO cables going on top of robot :smiling_face:

• You'd have to check the hardware manuals for your specific Agilus model, but IIRC, the signal wires for X41 are embedded in the Motor and/or RDC cables running between the KRC4 Compact and the Agilus.

• What SkyeFire wrote ist correct. The IO signals of the X41 interface are embedded in the motor cable and/or RDC cables. You simply need to connect your gripper IOs to the X41 interface in A4 and map these signals via WorkVisual. That's it.

• well... you skipped all the important details. how is gripper connected to robot right now? it looks like you have it working but want to hide the wiring. but that means knowing exactly what the wires are (electrical specs).

everything about the robot is in the robot manual. check section 6.4 of document "BA_KR_AGILUS-2_en.pdf".

internal connections running through robot arm are called "energy supply".

different options exist for energy supply exist such as "CTR AIR" and "AIR CTR GIG",

where:

AIR means air connections

CTR means controls IO

GIG means Gigabit Ethernet connection (8 conductor in form of four twisted pairs).

CTR is connected to internal IO so it is not suitable for hijacking for other purposes.

GIG connection is really an extension cable running from X76 at robot foot to X96 at robot wrist.

This is a candidate to replace external cables. But... one really need to read the manual. these connections are meant for signals and wire size is small (0.25mm^2) so they are ok for signals but probably not for powering gripper. so one would need to get power from X41 and signals from X96.

since OnRobot gripper combines power and signals into same cable, one could place a small box on top of the arm to bring all cables in.

btw OnRobot grippers like RG2/RG6 use IO levels and polarity is not the common in industrial environment, To interface such device with industrial product, OnRobot offers an interface adapter.

The exact solution would depend on ones preference.

If the interface is placed at the wrist, then all wiring could be contained at the end of the arm.

If the interface is placed externally, then the only way to avoid external cables is to use energy supply.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• You simply need to connect your gripper IOs to the X41 interface ....

Hmmm no... gripper inputs are low voltage (max 5V) and polarity is NPN. X41 outputs are 24V (actually 27V) and PNP. Connecting them directly would damage expensive gripper.

As mentioned in previous post OnRobot needs external interface/adapter to work with industrial IO. They call it compute box or whatever.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners