Allen Bradley panel plus trying to tie in a password using factory view studio and plc

• on my Allen Bradley HMI i want to put a login and logout screen for when my operators want to reject a part in production i want to eliminate this from happening by putting a log in so they don't click the button on the hmi to reject the part making this so they have to fix the rejected part instead of scaping it.

i have uploaded the hmi program to factory view station and see that there is a log in and out function for some of the buttons for the hmi but not the reject button so i know there is logic and tags for this function already made i just don't know how to tie it into another button which is the reject button.

i have been looking into the plc logic and factory view studio software for this and couldn't find much was wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to tie in a login and out function for this reject button

• most HMIs have built in security feature. to see what the capabilities are refer to product documentation. but even if that was not the case you can do anything you like, just roll up the sleeves...

built in security can be tricky or challenging if one works with many brands and still want to maintain uniform appearance/functionality. but one can also make own... all HMIs have options to tell what screen is displayed or to navigate to screen requested by PLC. so create screen with few buttons and couple of lines of code is all that is needed and you got something that is very portable (easy to implement on any platform). the best part is that this works even on most basic HMIs that did not come with own security.

in other words, nothing stops you from making button that navigates to screen with more buttons (numeric keypad...). if entered password is correct allow changes. when change is made or after short timeout disable parameter changes again.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• You can set the visibility of any button based on the current login status. That is all built in to the HMI, no PLC logic required. I have also seen it done with PLC logic, but isn't really necessary.

If it's already setup for other buttons, just look at the settings for those to see how they did it.

Advertising from our partners