Speed

• Hello

I have a staubli robot in a production cell

in automatic mode, I raise the speed value in the pendant to 90, but when the robot fails for some reason the cell doors open, the robot starts the cycle at a very low value 40,

where can I find that value to be able to leave it at 90?

• AD
  • HI,

I only know that if you turn the controller from Manual mode to Auto mode, the monitor speed will be set automatically to 10%.

So, I think that if your speed goes to 40%, there are two soutions :

1) It is written somewhere in your VAL3 code, using the setMonitorSpeed() function.

2) There's a remote device (PLC or other) that control your Monitor Speed using the Hardware signals defined in the IOMAP file (remoteMonitorSpeed).

Hope it will help you.

• That's it! I don't know any other reason for the speed to drop.

• ... probably for safety reason the app written in a way to lower the speed of robot to 40% when it sense that the cell door is open..... so keeping that door closed all the time will lead to max speed by app? All depend on app programmed logic.

• The application can change this speed with the function setMonitorSpeed (only if the controler is in RemoteAuto mode)... You can looking for this instruction...

That's not quite right, setMonitorSpeed() allows you to reduce the speed always, but only increases if the selected profile doesn't have control over the speed monitor.

Nothing to do with the remote mode...

• That's not quite right, setMonitorSpeed() allows you to reduce the speed always, but only increases if the selected profile doesn't have control over the speed monitor.

Nothing to do with the remote mode...

Sorry EIEsgalho :

num setMonitorSpeed(num nSpeed)

This instruction modifies the current monitor speed of the robot. setMonitorSpeed() is always able to reduce the monitor speed. To increase it, setMonitorSpeed() is effective only if the robot is in remote working mode and if the operator does not have access to the monitor speed (when the current user profile does not allow use of the speed buttons, or the MCP has been disconnected).

• The application can change this speed with the function setMonitorSpeed (only if the controler is in RemoteAuto mode)... You can looking for this instruction...

Sorry EIEsgalho :

num setMonitorSpeed(num nSpeed)

This instruction modifies the current monitor speed of the robot. setMonitorSpeed() is always able to reduce the monitor speed. To increase it, setMonitorSpeed() is effective only if the robot is in remote working mode and if the operator does not have access to the monitor speed (when the current user profile does not allow use of the speed buttons, or the MCP has been disconnected).

Again, you can reduce without being in remote mode :grinning_squinting_face:

Keep in mind the problem was with the reduction of speed...

Hello

I have a staubli robot in a production cell

in automatic mode, I raise the speed value in the pendant to 90, but when the robot fails for some reason the cell doors open, the robot starts the cycle at a very low value 40,

where can I find that value to be able to leave it at 90?

• HELLO ELEsgalho

I have a staubli robot with CS9 controller

and I have an EP2338-1001 io box connected

The question is:

Where can I see the IP of this IO BOX?

I hope you can help me

• As Galet said, the module is a EtherCAT slave.

Because the module is a slave, you need a master connection to connect to it.

Either from another module/PLC or if you want to do it from the controller I would advise configuring J206 it's a master EtherCAT and is available by default, or the optional Fieldbus card it's an option that could cost you more.

Configuring it should be easy, I have some configuration files from previous machines, just transfer them and you be alright.