Kawasaki FS03N "W1013 encoder battery low voltage [Servo(0)]" error

• Hello guys I work with a Kawasaki FS03N robot and now a "W1013 encoder battery low voltage [Servo(0)]" error appears and it can´t do any movement. I want you to help me. What battery should I buy and where is it located to replace it? Is it enough to change the battery and it should be working again?

• Welcome to the forum.......... :beerchug:

Replacement battery pack is 2x Maxell ER17/50 3.6V@2750mAh (Kawasaki Part no. 50750-1018).

Encoder battery pack powers all arm encoders when the controller is powered off and is monitored when controller is powered up and checked each time motor power is requested inoihioh

If battery < 3.3V then warning is displayed and does not contain enough charge to power encoders.

If warning is ignored, reset after motor power request and continued use.

If Controller is powered off after seeing warning for >30 mins.

==== Risk of loss of zeroing data is high and will result in no motion possible ===

First time warning appears, my immediate recommendations:

Part 1:

- Stop robot from running production and inform maintenance is required.

- Do not power controller off until you have battery in hand ready to replace.

- Reset warning.

- Make a full file save.

- Create a joint angle position for zero degrees inside a dummy program (if not already done).

- Select dummy program.

- Use teach mode and apply motor power, reset warning.

- Use check mode to move robot to zero degree position and check scribe line alignment.

- If can be achieved, battery is not exhausted and zeroing data has not been lost. (See note a.)

- If cannot be achieved, battery is exhausted/hardware failure and requires re-zeroing. (See note b.)

note a.

If zeroing data has not been lost, it is imperative you do not power off the controller until you have replacement battery in hand ready to replace.

This will ensure you do not need to re-zero the joints after battery replacement.

note b.

If zeroing data has been lost, I would temp re-zero the robot (encoder rotation reset) and drive all joints so that scribe lines are aligned and leave the robot in this position.

If hardware failure is causing battery monitor error, then this needs rectifying also.

Part 2:

- Total time of procedure should take <10mins.

- With Encoder battery pack in hand.

- Turn off controller.

- Remove rear backplate on arm, to expose 1HG board and encoder battery assembly.

- Disconnect old battery harness from board and connect replacement battery harness.

- Remove old battery and whilst new battery is still connected, attach to mounting bracket with zips.

- Put rear backplate back ensuring no wires are trapped.

- Power on controller.

If note a. was result of Part 1 and after Part 2, then controller should power up with no errors:

- Check axis monitor is displaying 0.000 degrees for all joints.

- Check a couple of known locations to make sure correct.

- Make full file save.

- Return robot to production.

If note b. was result of Part 1 and after Part 2, then controller will power up with joint(s) abnormality errors:

- Reset error.

- Robot should still be in same physical position with scribe lines aligned.

- Re-zero all joints in this position (encoder rotation reset followed by zeroing).

- New zeroing may result in all known locations required to be touched up.

- Check axis monitor is displaying 0.000 degrees for all joints.

- Check a couple of known locations for correctness.

- It is possible that those locations were not taught with same zeroing you have set.

- Irrespective, all known positions need verifying and may require touching up.

- After verifying and touching up, make full file save.

- Return robot to production.

Points to note:

- Encoders cannot be written with new values, they send values back to the robot.

- These values are then used to zero the robot.

- Therefore previous file saves if used, may result with incorrect zeroing and should be discarded.

To help prevent loss of zeroing due to exhausted battery warnings then:

- Create a joint zero degree position and a dummy program before any warning appears.

- As soon as warning appears, do not ignore it.

- Have replacement battery available as stock item.

- Kawasaki batteries have good shelf life, but storage conditions (temperature) can degrade.

- If controller never gets powered off, possibility of battery change period of every 3 years.

- If controller regularly is powered off, I recommend every 12 to 18 month replacement.

- If warning is legitimate battery low, then in <10mins, robot can be returned to production.

Advertising from our partners