More (again simple) questions

• Hello all,

More novice questions that I can't find in the manuals:

• From my background logic process, can I activate a digital output when any program is running?
      • My idea is activating the green light if the program is running, then I will want to blink it if some cases happen, I've already used a timer and this is already working. :smiling_face: but I don't know how to check if a program is running from BG Logic.
    • I can start the Background logic program from the selected program using the RUN instruction or select it into the BG menu. Is there any difference in terms of execution? I mean FCTN + ABORT ALL reacts the same in both cases?
      • If it is aborted, then user-wise it's easier if I start it from my program as they will know how to do it.
    • Inside Roboguide, I've noticed that I can create a TP program (robot controllers >> Robot controller >> right click Programs, "Add TP Program" and save it as text, then this file appears in the files list (as LS) and is saved in the folder I choose.
      • I am using Visual Studio Code to program. And I'd like to create files easier than that, more if I want to rename or similar... Is it possible to copy a file in that folder and upload the program to the robot controller? I can't find a way to read a folder and choose a file.

As always, thank you very much! :thumbs_up:

• BG Logic programs are not meant to be called, or started or stopped from a program. You start them in the menu and they run forever, even after a power cycle.

For program running there is a UO busy signal you can use.

Yes you can load ls files directly into RoboGuide.

• I am using Visual Studio Code to program. And I'd like to create files easier than that, more if I want to rename or similar... Is it possible to copy a file in that folder and upload the program to the robot controller? I can't find a way to read a folder and choose a file.

I find it easier to just ftp into the virtual controller and edit the files that way. Right clicking on the controller in the tree will show what port that particular controller is presenting its ftp server on. Its all the way at the bottom.

UltraEdit has a built in ftp client that facilitates this, but you can do the same thing with Filezilla and any text editor. Just connect to the robot, hit edit on the .ls file in question, and Filezilla will watch the file for changes, and upload on save.

If it fails to upload, there is an error in the program somewhere, or you are trying to upload a program that is running or paused, or it is pulled up on the TP.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Nation Thank you very much!

That will improve the safety of my files, I will be able to have the files I am working in in my "automatically synced with my server" work folders and keep a track of all the changes I make on them.

If the file is not being uploaded, I will go back to the old method and use the "Load" option in Roboguide to get extra information.

Advertising from our partners