Wiring Harness

• Currently we are having issues with several of our wiring harnesses on our robots. ABB and Fanuac. We are in a harsh environment. Has anyone come up with a type of protection that can be added around the harness. Also any suppliers that has any stock would be very useful?

• We had to replace all the wiring harness on one of ours that is exposed to uv welding light. It lasted for 20 years though. The factory cables are very well made. They are not cheap and there was a bit of a wait for harness 1-3, 1 month from ABB. The harness kits came with new motor covers also. I guess technically you could make them though.

• Currently we are having issues with several of our wiring harnesses on our robots. ABB and Fanuac. We are in a harsh environment. Has anyone come up with a type of protection that can be added around the harness. Also any suppliers that has any stock would be very useful?

What do you mean by harsh environment?

I've seen leather sleeves used around the harnesses on welding applications and "raincoats" made to measure on the whole robot on machining/grinding applications. And on painting/coating applications robots have had "suits" made from elastic and antistatic tubular fabric. But these have always been more or less selfmade by the company using the robot or by a tailor/sewer nearby.

If you google robot protection or robot protection covers, at least I get a few hits on commercial suppliers.

Advertising from our partners