How to resolve "ERR 123-Not linked to a hardware input output"

• Hello,

I'm writing a VAL3 program for starting a filling process through HMI of our PLC and not with the teach pendent. I created an IO board and created a 32bit DIGITAL input and output and allocated the inputs and outputs using "diolink" . WHen i try to run the program on VAL3 it shows this error "ERR 123-Not linked to a hardware input output". I have used the same dio before in another code and it was working but now it's still showing this error however i try to change it. Can you tell me how this error can be resolved?

• Place your Ad here!
  • Hi,

If I check the SRS documentation, you must use diolink with signals that are already connected to physical IO :

(Sorry, in french) :

void dioLink(dio& diVariable, dio diSource)

Fonction

Cette instruction lie diVariable à l'entrée/sortie à laquelle diSource est lié.

Exemples

Cette application utilise un signal qui peut être configuré à l'aide de différents matériels. Le programme ci-dessous détermine quel matériel est installé afin d'initialiser la variable diSignal qui est utilisée ensuite dans le reste de l'application.

If I understand, diolink is not used to link a dio signal to a physical link, but only to link dio signals between themselves.