Problem with HRC safety configuration in Sunrise Workbench for manual guidance of KUKA IIWA 7 R800 robot.

• Hello,

I'm trying to write a manual guidance program for KUKA IIWA 7 R800 robot in Sunrise Workbench and I have some issues. The manual guidance mode is working, I can guide the robotic arm by hand, but I can't quit the manual guidance mode. Even when I stop pressing the button that is responsible for it the robot just stops but I can press it again and the manual guidance mode is back on. We are still in ESM2 state and I am getting an error that is prohibiting me from making any movement using KUKA HMI. The program stays in ESM2 state even tho that it should go to ESM1 state as you will see in the code below.

I came to a conclussion that there is a problem with ESM states configuration. I think that I don't have the AMF available that is responsible for manual guidance mode. I also don't have HRC in installed software in StationSetup. I don't know if this is the case, because I am doing it for the first time and I am not sure if I am programming it the right way. I will attach screenshots and code below.

I will be really greatfull for your help!

• I think you can have a look at this thread.

Basically "Hand guiding device enabling active" and "Hand guiding device enabling inactive" is available with only HRC.

Best and quick way is to ask Kuka customer servie and purchase the HRC option.

There would be various way to achieve your application.

Instead of using ESM and buttons you can try to read external torque of certain axis to stop hand guiding mode, etc..

• Unfortunately I have contacted KUKA already and I got all the packages and the problem still occures.

I still don't see any package named HRC in StationSetup.cat even tho I've added it through Help --> Install new software.

• Hello empowered

I see your situation.

Possible options to take might be

・Create new project from the beginning

・Re-install sunrise workbench and its options

Sunrise Workbench sometimes face to a bug with its ".git" systems.

Have you tried re-install from the beginning? if you dont have lists in the below picture, then installation might be failed.

You should tell about it to your local KUKA CS.

Best

Advertising from our partners