Set tool file by user ladder in YRC1000

• I’m working with a Yaskawa YRC1000 with a CClink card installed (and safety function board, robot is a GP35L). I would like the robot to automatically switch tool files when a specific IO signal is input (rather than using a program command to change tool files). The PLC will give the Robot it’s current tool based off the signal received from the tool changer attached to the robot. I thought I should be able to do it in the user ladder but cant find a ladder logic command to set the tool file. Is this possible to do? I’ve used commands in a program (on FANUC machines) to change tool data but its my first time using a tool changer on Yaskawa. The logic in my mind should look like "If coil XX on, load tool file 1"

The tools all have the same flange to center point dimensions so its mainly the weight I am worried about, and some of the safety logic interference zones. If the robot knows via hardwire what tool its working with it should be harder for the customer to make a mistake.

Thanks in advance

• Hmm, could u just use variables and IF command. So basically if u get signal from your "coil" when its on, u could use certain IF commands in ur program, for example:

NOP

IF B010=1 THEN // <-- Bxxx being your own signal

TCPON TL#(1) // <-- Change tool number to tool file u want

IF B010=2 THEN // <-- Bxxx being your own signal

TCPON TL#(2)

MOVJ C00000 VJ=10.00 //

MOVL C00001 V=100.0 //

MOVL C00002 V=200.0 //

MOVJ C00003 VJ=10.00 //

TCPOF

END

• If you use Pvariables you can use the CNVRT command to change the tool inside the Pvariables.

we use this trick in the cobot series to use the correct tool with weight for not generating collisions.

• If you use Pvariables you can use the CNVRT command to change the tool inside the Pvariables.

we use this trick in the cobot series to use the correct tool with weight for not generating collisions.

I just discovered that CNVRT is missing from arith menu on one of my controllers. Interesting. I thought that it is one of default instructions on every controller.

Potis, how do you do tool change?

CNVRT PX000 PX000 TF TL#ToolNumber or CNVRT PX000 PX000 TL#ToolNumber ?

• I just discovered that CNVRT is missing from arith menu on one of my controllers. Interesting. I thought that it is one of default instructions on every controller.

Potis, how do you do tool change?

CNVRT PX000 PX000 TF TL#ToolNumber or CNVRT PX000 PX000 TL#ToolNumber ?

The CNVRT instruction has been a standard going back 30+ years. The only two reasons I can think of why it wouldn't show up:

1) Language level set to subset.

2) Job's group set is not a robot, base, or station. Set to a non-group job.

I have used the CNVRT both ways you show. It really depends on what you are trying to do and what the rest of the code sets up.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• 2) Job's group set is not a robot, base, or station. Set to a non-group job.

Ok. The active program I open to check this command was the master program, standard, robot job but without any moves. I checked other program with moves and CNVRT is there.

I used convert few times, mostly to convert interruption position from pulse to different UF, but never used to change TL#

Advertising from our partners