Choose a point through a variable

• I'm trying introduce a logical that's used on Fanuc - PR[Register], is just a POINT that choosen by a register (variable).

So when the variable = 1 the point is PR[1]

When the register = 2 the point is PR[2]

In KUKA, i'm able to do the same thing?

i looked in the manuals and does not found anything that could help me

Model: KRC2 - Version KSS 5.5.16

Thankssss and sorry for the english :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• In Fanuc, Registers (of any type) are system variables, and are global in scope. Fanuc TP does not support creating variables of any kind, you have to use the Registers.

In KUKA, it's almost the opposite. There are no system variables equivalent to Fanuc PRs. Instead, almost everything in KRL is based on creating your own variables. When you use the pendant menu to create a new move, the point variable (plus some associated variables to contain Tool/Base, accel, approximation, etc for that move) are created automatically. However, it's also possible to create variables "by hand" as well.

KUKA programs are organized as Modules. Usually, a Module consists of an .SRC file for executable code, and a .DAT file for storing that Module's variables (like points). Normally, variables in a .DAT file are "local", only available to routines in that Module's .SRC file. So two different Modules could have points named P1, and those points would be completely separate, despite having the same name.

The exceptions are:

1. Variables DECL'd in $CONFIG.DAT are automatically Global. This is the old way, still works but not the best idea
    2. Variables in program Modules that are DECL'd with GLOBAL prefix. This is newer. Does require the .DAT file to be set PUBLIC
    3. The latest versions of KSS (you didn't mention what KSS version you have) apparently have a Global file for creating Global points, and when you create a point via the pendant menus you get the option to make it Global or Local. I haven't used this yet, so am not familiar with it.

Advertising from our partners