RobotStudio Sim: copy&pasting paths with procedure calls

• So, dumb question. I have a number of paths that I need to clone. But RS will not let me do it -- any time I hit Copy, then Paste, I get an error message that "one or several instruction descriptions are not present in the destination task."

This seems to be related to the fact that I have a Procedure call (in this case, the gripper open/close subroutine) in each of the paths I'm trying to copy. If I delete the Proc call from the path before I do the C&P, it works. But then I have to go back around putting the Proc calls back in again. This seems like a ridiculous limitation for RS to have -- am I just not doing this right?

• I have run into the same porblem several times (with local and normal procedures)

it happend so many times for me that i started to just comment out the procedure calls even when I am just copying parts of a path

it´s annoying but i got used to it and it´s at least not a massiv pain to circumvent

• Can you share your rapid code maybe? Is the gripper open/close a locally defined sub routine or universal sub routine?

The path programs were created in the Sim environment, under the Paths&Procedures tree. The Gripper subroutines were created in the RAPID environment, after which they showed up as callable PROCs in the Sim environment.

i started to just comment out the procedure calls even when I am just copying parts of a path

How do you comment out calls in the Sim environment? I can't find any option for that -- just Delete, Cut, Copy, Paste, etc.

Advertising from our partners