PC to Kuka Robot Communication for Backup in C#

• Hi,

I wanted to communicate with kuka robot through PC (using some C# api) to take regular backup of kuka robot. Can anyone please tell me how or which C# library I can used to communicate. I want to take backup on PC so that I can store for future use.

• Why not use plant archiver? Nothing to setup on the robot other than IP address. And can comfortably backup many robots (hence the name).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• There are no official documented C# APIs for this afaik. You have to either reverse engineer it yourself or use tools from KUKA like BackupManager. Just talk to your local KUKA representative.

If you are searching documents checkout official KUKA portal, see pinned topic READ FIRST.

Fubini

• as already stated there is no official documentation or API or SDK for this.

if what you care about is backup over the network, a good option is to use built in Backup Manager which can also be configured to create regular backups.

that is fine if one wants only to backup current configuration for purpose of restoring it in case of corruption. this is because backup is just WoV project and not an archive. for some people that is a critical difference since archives contain more data, including logs for example. also comparing content and extracting files is much simpler and faster from the archive than from WoV project. one can select two archives, compare them with Beyond Compare and find difference long before WoV is launched, not to mention second project is chosen to compare with.

if one wants to collect actual archives, KR Plant Archiver is hard to beat and - it is free. and while this is an awesome product, plant archiver does not have scheduler. if you like, you can try reverse engineering how it works and rebuilding that same functionality. but that is going to be hard and time consuming.

it is much simpler to create own application that uses functions of plant archiver. if you cannot find a way to access them directly, one option that always works is to simulate user interactions via Windows API. and Windows API is pretty well documented and handy thing to get familiar with as it can be used to enslave pretty much any application you like. one can start the slave application, minimize it (so it is not visible to user), get handle of it, enumerate its controls and then access ones that are needed.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners