How to use RPS

• Hello everyone,

Can any explain how to use RPS, i checked manual but according to manual program not calling, so can anyone guide for RPS.

Thank you in advance.

• Do a search for RPS, there's plenty of discussions on this board regarding this topic.

Also read the external IO manual, it also explains the RPS function (which no-one ever reads).

According to manual i dedicate the signal for RPS and RPS_ST but when I trun on the signal from PLC program not selecting.

• I am sitting in a chair looking at a screen, reading your post which contains NO DETAILS what so ever except you turn things on and they don't work.

How about providing details:

- Current controller.

- Current configuration.

- How is your PLC connected to controller.

- What an earth do you mean you dedicate signal for RPS and RPS_ST

- Have you even tried searching the forum.

- Have you even read the manual I suggested (that no-one ever reads).

Attached is clip of how RPS works using KRoset.

- If you are using AS and not BLOCK programming than RPS has very little use except for priming pg0.

• Thank you so much for sharing this video, but I want to know what setting are you using to use RPS.

Current controller:- E01

PLC communication:- CC-Link

Dedicated sign for RPS And RPS_ST:- 1025 and 10

I tried to search in form but I am using AS language related to my query I am not found solution.

If you know about RPS please support.

Thank you in advance

• Can you please share your IF panel setting and dedicated signal list and can you please share one sample program for RPS in AS language.

• I just followed the information in the external IO manual I keep referring to (which no-one ever reads) as RPS is intended for BLOCK programming and used the IF panel to demonstrate functionality.

Dedicated signals are being used in the way the manual explains, nothing special, anyone can do it when they understand RPS functionality and IF Panel configurations.

Can you please share your IF panel setting and dedicated signal list and can you please share one sample program for RPS in AS language.

No, as you can't do that when using RPS with AS language.

The external IO manual shows you the AS equivalent (which no-one ever reads).

As for searching, I've just searched this forum and found a thread called 'RPS switch won't turn on', took me 3 secs.

• I am also follow the same instructions but don't know why program not call?

How to RPS signal reset???

• What are you trying to do, please explain it to me like I'm a 3 year old?

I am dedicate the signal in input RPS-1025 RPS-ST -10, Code -7 and start signal number 1026.

Creating test program PG1:-

RPS OFF

Jmove #a1

RPS ON

END

But when I am giving single from PLC to Robot at that time program not select selecting.

Bit I see in your video it's selecting but in my case not select :help:

• But when I am giving single from PLC to Robot at that time program not select selecting.

Bit I see in your video it's selecting but in my case not select :help:

That's because I am using it how it is designed to be used - BLOCK programming.

What part of your program above is BLOCK programming, where is J or E parameters?

• Did you activate the RPS switch from Aux 0502 System switch?

If you can not manage with the RPS function, on the External IO Manual there is an example with how to switch the programs having an as program, page 42, appendix 2.1

• As per the external IO manual (which no-one ever reads).

This is the AS equivalent of RPS.

Replace the WAIT signal no, with the applicable input coming from the PLC.

Replace the BITS signal range with the program code inputs coming from the PLC.

You could implement echoing the program code back and waiting for PLC too.

Wait for PLC request.

Read PLC code.

Echo code back.

Wait for PLC check.

Execute program.

No RPS, no dedicated signals needed, no confusion and as simple as you can get it.

• By using External Program Reset, when pulsing this input, whatever code is waiting on RPS code inputs will prime the relevant pgx program, only if RPS is ON and the relevant pgx exists.

Thank you by using external program reset now I am using RPS, thank you once again.

Advertising from our partners