CMOS Backup for a DX100 Controller?

• I am not familiar with Motoman robots so forgive me if this is a Rube question. I'm being asked by a outside integrator for a copy of my cells CMOS backup. Is a Dx100 style controller capable of generating this type of backup? My coworker who normally handles the motorman robots is out this week, and had previously stated that he provided all relevant backups already to the integrator but the integrator is insisting he needs a CMOS backup. My Coworker seems to be under the impression that this integrator may be trying to dump the backups from our DX100 controller into a non-DX100 controller hence the disparity in file type the integrator is encountering. Does this make sense or is my coworker mistaken and simply didn't provide the correct backup or doesn't know how to generate a CMOS backup?

• cmos.bin backup can be saved in the maintenance mode.

Normally the cmos.bin is used to use the correct robot with all the settings and variables in motosim. Or to have a "complete backup" of the robot

• Maint Mode is accessed by holding down [MAIN MENU] while turning power on to the controller. You put a USB into the back of the pendent and then go to {EX MEMORY}>{SAVE}>[ARROW DOWN]>"CMOS.BIN" then Press [SELECT]>[ENTER] it should say at the bottom of the screen "Do not turn controller off etc." Then take that CMOS.BIN and send it. The file will probably be too big for email servers so you will need to file transfer it. Good Luck!

• My Coworker seems to be under the impression that this integrator may be trying to dump the backups from our DX100 controller into a non-DX100 controller hence the disparity in file type the integrator is encountering. Does this make sense or is my coworker mistaken and simply didn't provide the correct backup or doesn't know how to generate a CMOS backup

In some occasions the CMOS backup(maintenance mode) is the only solution to recover a robot from certain error, so I do it regularly or after big change in the software.

And of course when a new robot arrives is the first thing that I do CMOS backup plus a normal backup of all other struff.

I always recommend a CMOS backup in maintenance mode.

• So more details. My coworked had sent a cmos backup already. Our robot controller is a dx200 where the integrator is trying to dump that backup into a dx100. Sounds like thats the issue?

That definitely is not integrator. Just so called "programmer".

if it was integrator he/she would, in case it is necessary, initialize the robot, not dumping the cmos.bin from one robot to the other. Even worse, from one to other generation of controller.

:wallbash: :computerhit:

Advertising from our partners