Panasonic GII- E032 E4000 Overrun

• Hi. I have an issue with Panasonic YA-1NPAL. When I try to move any axis - E4000 error pops up.

I've tried to move the Robot in the Overrun release mode, and it is working fine and don't show, that any of axis in overrun state.

Also there was 3 external axis installed, but i have removed it in settings and disconnected most of internal wiring. But i think, that something missing from that axis, because right now I don't have access to maintenance mode, to remove them entirely. Where should i look? This robot is pretty old and it was bought with a lot of periphery, but without any documentation. And because even it's power card is different i'm not entirely sure where to look.

Edited once, last by Arrari ().

• Hi. I have an issue with Panasonic YA-1NPAL. When I try to move any axis - E4000 error pops up.

I've tried to move the Robot in the Overrun release mode, and it is working fine and don't show, that any of axis in overrun state.

Also there was 3 external axis installed, but i have removed it in settings and disconnected most of internal wiring. But i think, that something missing from that axis, because right now I don't have access to maintenance mode, to remove them entirely. Where should i look? This robot is pretty old and it was bought with a lot of periphery, but without any documentation. And because even it's power card is different i'm not entirely sure where to look.

Yes, i have this broblem too. Help :frowning_face:

• This is an old thread, but I found it in April of 2023 with a google search for the same issue, so here's how I resolved it. Note: my robot never showed which axis had the overrun issue, but this resolved the issue. In my case the robot had been moved to a new piece of equipment and was probably not delicately handled.

17-4-5. Overrun release

The robot is provided with software that monitors the operating range and stops the robot operation when an axis reaches

the soft-limit. However, if an arm moves beyond its soft-limit, the robot detects the overrun error of the arm electrically

and shut off the servo power for safe operation.

To restart the robot, it is necessary to disable the overrun monitor temporary and correct the error condition. It is called

"Overrun release".

Overrun release procedure

During the overrun release procedure, the robot arm moves at low speed.

Work with caution and pay attention to the direction of the movement of the axis.

Turn OFF the power to the controller.

Open the front panel of the controller to access the overrun release switch located on the safety card (ZUEP5702) (right

side P.C. Board).

Then switch it to "OVERRUN RELEASE" (down) side.

Close the front panel of the controller, and place the mode

select switch on the teach pendant in "Teach" position,

and then turn ON the power.

Then the overrun release mode screen appears

indicating the overrun axis.

Turn ON the servo power and manually move the overrun

axis back to within its soft limit.

(At that time the robot travel speed is controlled to 0.5%

or below.)

Turn OFF the power to the controller.

Open the front panel of the controller, and then switch the overrun release switch to "OPERATE" (up) side.

Close the front panel of the controller.

Advertising from our partners