Reboot the teach pendant

• Hello everyone .

What’s the best way to reboot a staubli teach pendant. The robot is rx130.

We made some changes in the program through FTP surfer on our PC, however the changes did not download to the controller. The only way we managed to do it is to restart the controller on the electrical panel , through the “security switch “ which is not ideal.

I think If we only restart the teach pendant it might be enough

Is there another safer way to send the changes to the controller ?

Best regards

• Hello again.

Sorry for the delay.

The controller is a CS8 (RX130BL)
    Best regards

• Hi,

Yes, you don't need to power cycle the controller.

You just need to reload the application.

Press the menu button on the pendant and go to the application manager.

Move down to the opened application and press F5 or F6 to reload the application.

If the application is running, first press stop to stop it, then reload it, then press start again.

If you don't reload the app the robot will run always the same, it needs to be reloaded to load the new changes.

• Hello.

I don’t think I have the reload option on this console.

See picture attached

Best regards

• Hello,

Close it and open it again. This will reload it too (Just opening might also be enough).

Probably the "Reload" function has been added to newer SRC versions than what your controller is running.

The difference between theory and practice is greater in practice than in theory.

• Hello,

Close it and open it again. This will reload it too (Just opening might also be enough).

Probably the "Reload" function has been added to newer SRC versions than what your controller is running.

Hello.

I'm pretty sure I tried that when the problem occured.

However, as soon as I make some changes again on the PC and I need to test the function, I will try this method again

Best regards

• Hello,

On CS8 and CS9, you have only 2 ways to laod an run an application :

- Load and run on the Teach

- Configure this applcation to load an run automatically after a controler boot.

If you want to execute a changing programme without any manipulation, this code need to be integrate in a library. In this case after the command xxx.libload() the modifications will be operate...

• Magical Tip for CS9 : You can reboot the SP2 pendant (Not the main CPU) by pressing simultaneously the Home, Back and Legacy Mode buttons...

Hidden feature :smiling_face:

SP1 (with CS8) and SP2 (on CS9) are really different !

SP1 is a interface (neutral), SP2 is independent and exchange information with controller.

The 16000lc problem's is to reload the application after an external modification (SRS or ftp transfer...). For this point the procedure are the same on SP1 and SP2 :

For the main application, you need to stop it, reload (or close and load) the new version (from disk to ram), and run the application.

If this application is auto-run configured, the simple way is to turn off the controller, wait all the leds switch off and turn on again the controller.

Advertising from our partners