cobot welding - what are you missing?

• It seems to me a lot of welding cobot integrator are in the market. Which experience you have with them welding and what difficulties you had and which features are you missing or would you greatly appreciate (thick plate welding, multilayer (multipass) welding, more 3d paths, dynamic assignment of welding parameters or position, considering tolerances of weldment, touch sensing and alignment, laser scanning of actual path geometry, ...)? Also if you have one of a kind production are there missing pieces which makes it impossible for you to use cobots (or robots)?

• i have seen thousands of welding robots using just about any type of weld (arc, spot, friction, friction stir, laser, ultrasound, solder...).

i have yet to see cobot doing welding... they certainly could do some of the work at least with lightest of weld tools but that is not exactly their cup of tea. in general welding is a violent process using a lot of enrergy. also it is usually dirty while cobots are delicate and meant for cleaner environment. and it is not just the payload, cobots are meant to be gentle so they don't harm humans. therefore acceleration and velocity are limited and thus less suitable for some of the work even where lighter tool would be acceptable. an example is arc welding which often requires weaving.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners