SRVO-050 Collision Detection

• I have a Fanuc R2000 with a 7th axis. During the process the robot is stationary while the track is moving. On a couple occasions I have seen the Axis 5 disturbance value slowly increase to the point of collision detection. This is over a 2.5 hour period. As soon as the robot is moved the current "unwinds" and returns close to zero.

I have adjusted my collision sensitivity to increase the threshold,

Fine tuned my payload data.

Looked into turning on the brakes, but all axis are on the same group so I cant just disable A5 while its not moving.

Any suggestions?

I could try to move the track and the robot a little to keep the robot axis turning so this issues doesn't pop up, but it seems like a Band-Aid solution

• You could try disabling brake hold on that axis. By doing this you force the robot to hold position with the motor powered rather than enabling brakes after a set time period. Go to variable $PARAM_GROUP > MRR_GRP_T > MRR_GRP_T > SV_OFF_ENB then scroll down to number [5] and change from TRUE to FALSE. Then cycle power. This worked for me in a similar situation years ago.

• You could try disabling brake hold on that axis. By doing this you force the robot to hold position with the motor powered rather than enabling brakes after a set time period. Go to variable $PARAM_GROUP > MRR_GRP_T > MRR_GRP_T > SV_OFF_ENB then scroll down to number [5] and change from TRUE to FALSE. Then cycle power. This worked for me in a similar situation years ago.

Sorry for the late reply...

I don't think the holding brake is active, because while axes 1-6 are not moving, Axis 7 is. and since they are all part of the same group I don't think they are turning off. ,

The problem seems to be the axis holding the same positions over a course of 2+ hours. I will try this to prove out the theory, if that doesn't work, I will attempt to adjust the track position, while keeping the TCP in the moving at the correct velocity. Moving about 200mm on the track allowed A5 to see almost a 1° change in position, hopefully that may be enough.

Advertising from our partners