How to conect to the robot FTP server?

• Yes this ist possible. Make sure that one of the server tags on the robot side is running. For newer controllers S1 and S2 are defined and started by default. You can for example use FileZilla as a FTP client to connect to the robot.

• Yes this ist possible. Make sure that one of the server tags on the robot side is running. For newer controllers S1 and S2 are defined and started by default. You can for example use FileZilla as a FTP client to connect to the robot.

Thank you DS186!

I have S1 and S2 started but I'm not able to entablish a conection with FileZilla or even with de Windows CMD.

FileZilla is giving me this output:

So it seems the user "anonymous" has password but I've tried changing the user and is always the same.

If I try with the Windows cmd I have this:

Something weird here is I'm connecting to a "Wind River FTP server 6.8" Is this the fanuc FTP server?

I'm guessing something is wrong in my net

• Can you please provide some details from your settings on the FileZilla side? Best would be screenshots. Did you uncheck the password checkbox under the account settings in FileZilla?

• If I try with the Windows cmd I have this:

Something weird here is I'm connecting to a "Wind River FTP server 6.8" Is this the fanuc FTP server?

In case the robot controller is the only FTP server in your network then yes. I guess the FTP server used from Fanuc has been developed by Wind River.

• Can you please provide some details from your settings on the FileZilla side? Best would be screenshots. Did you uncheck the password checkbox under the account settings in FileZilla?

Sure! I attach the screenshots. It's in Spanish, sorry about that

I'm connecting as Anonymous

Thank you for your help!

• Your default remote directory is incorrect. Enter md:\ instead of \. Also check the other settings in your site manager:

General:

Host: IP address of your robot

Port: 21 (you can enter the port but it is not necessary)

Encryption: Only use plain FTP

Logon type: In your case it is Anonymous

Advanced:

Server type: DOS with backslash separators

Default remote directory: md:\

Transfer settings:

Transfer mode: Default

Charset:

Charset encoding for filenames: Force UTF-8

• Picture shows my setup with the robot i'm working

My computer is 10.103.102.125 and the robot 10.103.102.124

In my case robot is 1921.168.1.17 and my computer is 192.168.1.248, but it seems to be something with the log in

Thank you DS186. I put all the parameters as you said but I'm still stuck in the same step:

I tried to create a user/password in the Host Comm -> Servers -> S1 and S2

I tried also to create a user/password in Host Comm -> Protocols -> FTP -> C1 and C2

Nothing solve the problem

• Did you try to create another user and password?

I tried to create a user/password in the Host Comm -> Servers -> S1 and S2

I tried also to create a user/password in Host Comm -> Protocols -> FTP -> C1 and C2

But I'm having the same problem, maybe I'm missing some step. Should I make a cycle power after create new user?

• Hi

FYI

I'm developing a python program to help me with the Fanuc functions

One of the things I do is connect to the robot and backup, etc, etc

Here is a picture of that part of the software that deals with the connection. No login, no password, no port specified and it works. You can see the result on the right side (file directory)

The FTP command in python defaults to port 21

Retired but still helping

• I tried to create a user/password in the Host Comm -> Servers -> S1 and S2

But I'm having the same problem, maybe I'm missing some step. Should I make a cycle power after create new user?

I mean on the site manager in FileZilla. Create there a new user instead of anonymous. You don't need to adjust something on the robot side.

• Nice! In the past I was able to conect to other Fanuc robots with the FileZilla and no problem, but IDK what's going on with this robot

The message regarding user and password from one of your posts above mean the logon type settings in FileZilla (user and password).

Exactly so I don't know where is the problem. It seems FileZilla is able to create the conection but it's failing doing the log in.

I followed your idea of create an user in the FileZilla site manager but then I have to create also in the robot side no?

• There are no changes necessary on the robot side. It will work with the default FTP settings. Personally I have never touched the FTP settings on the robot. Setting up FileZilla correctly was the only thing to do all the time.

• Some time ago I have created a short How To description on setting up FileZilla correctly to be able to connect to a FANUC robot. I can send you the document tomorrow when I am back in the office. It is in German, but that should not be a problem.

• Some time ago I have created a short How To description on setting up FileZilla correctly to be able to connect to a FANUC robot. I can send you the document tomorrow when I am back in the office. It is in German, but that should not be a problem.

Thank you so much DS186!

Advertising from our partners