KUKA Robot offline programming

• I am new to KUKA robot programming. I am working on one project and it has robot programming. The problem is, I don't have a real robot and controller because the project is just an idea. Therefore, I need to do a robot programming wihout robot and controller. I have installed the Workvisual software and I know about the KRL syntax but the problem is, I don't know how to put it in the workvisual .

One more problem is, I don't know how can I put robot arm position without knowing in real.

We have to pick and place around 40-45 kg so, I had select the KR 50 R2500 robot with KR C4 controller.

Any suggestion would be very helpful.

Thank you

• I have installed the Workvisual software and I know about the KRL syntax but the problem is, I don't know how to put it in the workvisual .

WorkVisual simply is not the right tool to do it.

Of course you can create src/dat files by simply right clicking on the folder you want to place it in. Afterwards you can double click on it and start editing.

One more problem is, I don't know how can I put robot arm position without knowing in real.

WoV is no simulation software. The correct tooling would be OfficeLite (maybe in combination with KUKA.sim).

Fubini

• MOM beat me to it...

create a new project. it will be incomplete as some files are not there so do not deploy THIS project to the real robot. use it to write code and then transfer files you created to a project taken from real robot controller.

to create program make sure that KRL templates are added to project or create files by hand in notepad then import them into workvisual project and modify as you like.

to use KRL templates use menu File>Cataloghandling and make sure KRL Templates are added to the right pane.

but this is just an editor. to simulate you will need simulator. OfficeLite is a great product. I think new SimPro 4.x has trial version (not sure). Without OfficeLite there will be limits in what SimPro can simulate. Not all instructons are supported. I do not use SimPro but even without OfficeLite it should be able to generate paths and simple logic. For palletizing however, you will need both.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I have installed the Workvisual software and I know about the KRL syntax but the problem is, I don't know how to put it in the workvisual .

Simple enough. In WorkVisual, switch from the "Configuration" workspace to the Programming workspace:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Expand the KRC tree until you can see the Program directory, then right-click on the directory and select "Add". WoV will give you a list of program templates to select from, "Module" is usually the best default choice.

That's a problem WoV cannot solve. WoV is just a setup tool and program editor for KRCs. It does not simulate code execution or robot motion.

KUKA makes two simulation tools -- one for code execution simulation (OfficeLite) and one for physical motion simulation (SimPro). These are standalone products, but can be linked together to do a "full" simulation. That said, neither package is cheap.

If you only need to rough in physical motion or do reach studies, you might try RoboDK. The free version of RDK is pretty good for doing minor motion checking.

• As i recall OfficeLite is priced quite reasonably. SimPro is rather pricey. Used to be some 10x the price of OfficeLite.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you for your answer. That means, First, I can give the dimensions and value to the robot arm in the officelite software and then simulate it in KUKA.sim. Right?

how should i give the robot arm unknown position in officelite.

Thank you

Advertising from our partners