I/O signals for gripper

• Hello! I am fairly new in this field and currently, I am working on a gripper to carry out simple pick and place applications. Currently, it is a 2 step process to close the gripper. I need to set the tool input to 'high' to close the gripper and then 'low' to cut off the signal. Then, for opening of gripper, I need to set the tool output to 'high' and after which 'low' to cut of this signal. Hence, it is a 4 step process to close and open the gripper. Is there any way in which I can just cut it to a 2-step process? eg 'high' to close 'low' to open. Please advise thank you!

• You can put any elaborate sequence of steps into a program, then call that program as needed - calling a subprogram is a one line of code, regardless how internally complex the subprogram is.

You can also do this with PULSE which sets the output to some state (True/False), waits a bit, then toggles the state.

You may also want to add check in your program if gripper really opened or closed. If you do not have sensors, use delay long enough to ensure that gripper had enough time to move.

This way robot will not start moving while gripper is trying to open or close

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners