Fanuc Robot speed variable

• I mean the percentage. I want to monitor if someone increases or decreases the percentage and the company doesn't want to use the override select.

• You can also write to that variable and the robot will accept it. Anything from 1 to 100. I do this in a background program on cells I commission occasionally.

Just put a conditional around it for when the robot is in teach mode. It's annoying to fight the plc when teaching.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• That's what I was thinking if doing is writing to it in the background.l and that's a good point about the teach mode to disable it.

• I also control the override of my robots in a background task. In auto mode via PLC and in teach mode with TP enabled via TP. I normally also lock die +% and -% keys on the TP when the PLC controls the override.

• DS186,

If you don't mind, how do you lock out the +% and -% keys?

I have also looked at the variable $MCR.$GENOVERRIDE and compared to a R[…:speed].

This way I can allow them to speed it up but never go slower than the register (speed is critical to the cycle time).

Or let them slow it down with the +% and -% keys but never go faster than the register (no need for speed, very long cycle times)

And one more use, long cycle time machining, I will move slow through picking and prepping a part for load or placing the finished part. Then have a very high speed for machine unload/load (which determines machine thru-put)

Advertising from our partners