Teach pendant screen freezing

• A few days ago the screen of the teach pendant on one of our robots started to freeze up. Turning it off and turning it back on worked for a few minutes but it froze up again. Next day worked out no problem for about 6 or 7 hours then happened again. Took out the fans and blew them out because they were absolutely filthy, thought it might be an overheating issue between that and us having record high temperatures last week. Froze up again the day after for awhile but now(after a weekend of it being off) it's working out no problem.

Strange thing is the robot runs no problem, the screen can be totally frozen but I can run the program and it goes flawlessly. Swapped TP cable and swapped Teach Pendant with no change either. I'm not too pressed on the matter because it is working now but just wondering if anyone has any information on what's going on if/when it happens again.

• I have had that problem with a Robot before.

Are you not getting any other alarm before the TP freezes up?

Since the Robot is still working and the TP is the only one freezing, it's probably a Mainboard Card issue.

If you have the technical experience, you could try swapping Mainboard cards between 2 Robots, it is not too hard, but it's something you should have done before because there's a lot of small things you need to be careful of, if you have never done it, call a certified Fanuc Technician.

Before trying the swapping, you could try to do a very good cleaning on your SOP, and if the heat is too much it should be in a place with A/C, for now you could try putting up a good fan infront of the SOP with the door open and see if that gives any improvement.

• No other errors have come up, no. I have swapped out lots of parts in the past, might have done a main board, id need to go and see which part that is to know for sure. As far as A/C or a fan goes those are rare commodities in the shop and I wont get one until times are most desperate. I'll wait and observe for now and if we have another string of days of it freezing ill look into the main board swap idea.

Advertising from our partners