PLC Speed Override

• I am running a KR 150 3100-2 with KRC4 8.6.8.

A customer has asked that we implement a way to manually override the robots speed at any given moment via the HMI we have setup for the cell. We have the way we can manually toggle it on the PLC and how to enter it into the robot but not sure where to place the overrides or how to make the code constantly check the speed overrides for any changes.

• how are your programs structured? have your HMI control $OV_PRO (0..100 %)

personally i am not fan of that since user can change it too.

of course code running in a loop (in SPS for example) would win long term but users can introduce glitches

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I don't like the idea of the user controlling the speed but thats what the customer wants. We have a sliding bar on the HMI that will be used for the user to change speeds. But we call a function per move that changes the speed for the move based on the type of move it is. But we want to overrides the overall speed of the robot so for example we have it set in the program for the robot to make a linear move at 1000mm/s so CP_VEL = 1.0 but we want the over all speed at 30%

Curious though, what kind of issues or glitches do you think we would experience?

• it is called step response...

it occurs when setpoint value is changed suddenly and significantly. normally it manifests as jerk before response settles. normally this is smoothed out by internal filtering, inertia of the arm.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Ok thank you. We now have the PLC guys working on figuring out a way to have the speed changes from the HMI be spread out over a period of time so that the robot is not gaining that huge increase or decrease in speed and torque

Advertising from our partners