KRC5 Micro with Agilus KR6

• yes, that is like Titanic... i would like pocket edition, to always have in my laptop bag. it can use laptop PSU, cables can be 2-wire 0.5mm^2 which does not take much space. connectors can be 3D printed and made much smaller (and lighter). instead of massive fist sized yellock, a small plate with 4 short pogo pins could easily do the job. in fact i would also want mastering tool that is size of a lighter and costs $50.

then travel to client site can be more fun, plus talk about beating traffic jams.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• about agilus controllers:

XD12 in KRC5 is equivalent of X12 in KRC4. it is controller interface using IO module in the controller

XG11.1 + XG58 is equivalent of X11. The thing here is that there is no input for button to acknowledge user safety.

I'm onto designing the safety setup for a KR10 R1100 Agilus using a KRC5 Micro and am having issues tracking down where to attach the button for acknowledging user safety.

Does this mean that the acknowledgement has to be sent to an external safety controller which the operator safety on XG11.1 runs through?

The manuals seem to indicate this:

By acknowledgement button: Acknowledgement is given, for example, by an acknowledgement button (situated outside the cell). Acknowledgement is communicated to the safety controller. The safety controller re-enables automatic operation only after acknowledgement.

• Okay, stupid question: I managed to jog my Agilus into a collision that I can't get clear of. Spending 10 minutes just jogging in the opposite direction produced no motion -- the torque fault trips before I can even get 0.01mm of motion to relieve the pressure.

I've never had this problem with the Big Iron -- they would always jog clear... eventually. But this little bot is completely stuck. Any special tricks for resolving this on a Agilus?

..I have gotten firsthand experience with this also, collided a few tenths of a mm but it is almost impossible to jog clear. The collision detection "override" does nothing for these kinds of situations. Retrying ALOT of times to jog clear have eventually gotten me free. Without a break release device, what is the proper procedure? Is there one?

Is there something similar to ABB where you can turn off motion supervision briefly?

Or just give the over torque alarm slightly more time so one could jog clear.

I´ve been thinking about trying to make a "jog free" program using SET_TORQUE_LIMITS where you set every axis to soft (every axis set to holding torque value) so they would flex to atleast an allowed amount of torque. But i´m pretty sure they would fault out due to overtorque immediately, as one would need to do a PTP $POS_AXIS to even get the torque limits active.

Even as collisions are not supposed to happen, it is always possible a user jogs the wrong direction or similar, no matter how hard you try to avoid it. And I do not see it as a good solution to have to unscrew the robot from it´s base every time that happens.

Ideas?

• Does this mean that the acknowledgement has to be sent to an external safety controller which the operator safety on XG11.1 runs through?

Yes.

Robot manuals tell you how to use robot, not how to design safety that meets safety standards of your country. Fortunately, robotics safety standards are harmonized so actual requirements differences between different countries are usually very small.

And while user safety circuit for each cell may be implemented in different ways using different hardware, basics are almost always the same. Calculating risk, response time, stopping distance etc is part of it. so is making sure that the acknowledgement is part of it. If this is not a function available in the KRC safety interface, it need to be added externally. Some safety devices may have this built in. If so, great. If not, add it. If not using safety PLC, a small safety relay could help. But .. Discrete safety devices like this are only practical for simple cases. As soon as you need 3 or 4 of them, you are better off with programmable safety controller.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners