Getting ABB energy consumption

• Hellow everyone:

I have getting ABB robot energy consumption by using webservice,but The total energy consumption directly getting webservice is not equal to the total energy consumption of all the axes?

And the every axis' energy may be minus,what is meaning?

The total energy consumption directly getting webservice is equal to the total energy consumption of all axes only if the energy consumption of the axis is negative?

Does anybody know why that is?

• If I understand you correctly you are saying that the energy consumption of all axes combined is less than what the entire system is consuming. There is energy consumed by the computer, cooling fans teach pendant and more. There is also loss just due to resistance in the wiring.

• If I understand you correctly you are saying that the energy consumption of all axes combined is less than what the entire system is consuming. There is energy consumed by the computer, cooling fans teach pendant and more. There is also loss just due to resistance in the wiring.

If so,the total energy consumption directly getting webservice is equal to the total energy consumption of all axes only if the energy consumption of the axis is negative?I don't understand.

• Hellow everyone:

I have getting ABB robot energy consumption by using webservice,but The total energy consumption directly getting webservice is not equal to the total energy consumption of all the axes?

Who says that?

And the every axis' energy may be minus,what is meaning?

Who says that?

The total energy consumption directly getting webservice is equal to the total energy consumption of all axes only if the energy consumption of the axis is negative?

And where does this statement come from?

Any screenshots?

• Who says that?

Who says that?

And where does this statement come from?

Any screenshots?

I read the collected energy consumption through WebService, and I have tested and read data for two months,

Sometimes the energy consumption of the axis will be negative?

• Sometimes axis motors under regenerative effect and generate own energy cause of external load or conservation of energy rules. It is absolutely normal and generated energy absorbed by brake resistors. If you see minus value of axis, this mean the axis generate energy itself.

• Sometimes axis motors under regenerative effect and generate own energy cause of external load or conservation of energy rules. It is absolutely normal and generated energy absorbed by brake resistors. If you see minus value of axis, this mean the axis generate energy itself.

If so,the total energy consumption directly getting webservice is equal to the total energy consumption of all axes only if the energy consumption of the axis is negative?

• Theoretically negative values cause not to energy consumption because motors generate own energy to main DC Link. This mean negative values is not adding to total consumption. Please note ABB's consumption counter is not only axis values it is including total consumption with external units mainboard, display etc. When you stop the robots total consumption still increasing because controller components need to energy to work.

Advertising from our partners