KUKA IP Adress conflict

• Hello guys,

I am having some issues changing an IP address of a Kuka Robot (KRC4 and KR 470-2 PA), running on ethernet communication.

- The robot currently has this IP: 192.168.1.54

- The customer requires an IP change, they want to use this, IP: 172.16.115.254, Gateway: 172.16.115.1, Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

When i try to change the IP with the Teach pendandt, i get the "IP Address conflict" message. I tried doing this with the Robot disconnected and connected from the network with no succeed.

I attached some pictures of some IP addresses that are on the Robot.

Thanks!

• as you can see address you are trying to use is conflicting with reserved ranges (used internally). You cannot assign address to KLI that conflicts with those ranges.

changing internal addresses on KUKA is not documented. you can contact KUKA but it would be a long shot. what is this network address supposed to be used for? it may be easier to just add router.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• as you can see address you are trying to use is conflicting with reserved ranges (used internally). You cannot assign address to KLI that conflicts with those ranges.

changing internal addresses on KUKA is not documented. you can contact KUKA but it would be a long shot. what is this network address supposed to be used for? it may be easier to just add router.

Hello, i think they want to use this type of address because they may want to access to some data of the entire machine by having it on the network that they want, honestly i don't know more than that, we have been changing IP address of all the rest of the devices to 172.16.115.xxx, and the Robots are the only remaining.

So your advice is contacting KUKA for this? I think this customer can put a bit of pressure on the question, since they are a really big company, so maybe the time of response will be shorter.

• contacting KUKA is the only thing you can try but as stated i seriously doubt you will get an answer you hope for.

the internal addresses are used EVERYWHERE in all hardware inside KRC which is why they are reserved.

just read manual. it clearly tells that addresses in those ranges must not be assigned to KLI. also this is clearly stated in READ FIRST.

you are lucky that you are working on recent KSS. older KSS may allow you to assign the address to KLI and then the robot would likely be bricked.

but in case KUKA does offer workaround, i would be more than happy to hear about it. changes are devices that use the addresses in those ranges would need to be modified with patched firmware (KPP, KSP, RDC,CCU...) so i would not hold my breath...

as stated i would consider using router. then robot can remain on whatever address it is right now and still could be accessed from the network.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/nat

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners