Axis Specific Coordinates input

• Hi there,

I apologize in advance if my question is trivial: is there a way while programming a motion with inline forms to perform a point touchup with axis specific coordinates (E6AXIS) and not only with cartesian ones (E6POS)?

• yes, you do it all the time with home position.

simply manually declare point as AXIS or E3AXIS or E6AXIS in a DAT file and initialize it there, then use it in an inline form.

unfortunately motion instructions do not offer choice of point type (axis specific or Cartesian)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Yes, but it's not terribly simple. You have to redefine the point in the .DAT file.

The "trick" here is that when you create a point via ILFs, they're always E6POS. However, if an E6AXIS point by that name already exists in the .DAT file, then the ILF will simply use that point.

So:

1. Go into the .DAT file
    2. create a point, like: DECL E6AXIS XPointName {A1 0}
      1. The value inside the {} isn't important, it just needs to be there as a placeholder
    3. save the .DAT file
    4. Open the .SRC file
    5. Create a new move using the menu button
    6. In the Name box, enter PointName
      1. Note, you need to omit the 'X' prefix -- the ILF adds this automatically

Now, when you use TouchUp on that ILF, it will treat that point as an E6AXIS, not E6POS. For an example of how this works, you can look at the Home position, which is predefined as E6AXIS, but still used like any other point in ILFs.

• while there, create few of them so you don't have to switch back and forth between SRC and DAT

DECL E6AXIS xAxisPoint1 = {A1 0}

DECL E6AXIS xAxisPoint2 = {A1 0}

DECL E6AXIS xAxisPoint3 = {A1 0}

DECL E6AXIS xAxisPoint4 = {A1 0}

DECL E6AXIS xAxisPoint5 = {A1 0}

DECL E6AXIS xAxisPoint6 = {A1 0}

DECL E6AXIS xAxisPoint7 = {A1 0}

then use names AxisPointN in your inline forms

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• word of warning... be very careful if you are trying to do this on a 5-axis palletizer with $PAL_MODE turned off. touchup will work fine but motions can be very weird during stepping though code or trying to run backwards.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners