Updating Karel programs across system versions

• So... I have a backup from a robot running 8.3, and I need to load all the programs from that backup into a robot running version 9.3.

I did a Restore from Controlled Start, and got most of the files. The SysVars wouldn't load, but I can attend to that manually. My major sticking point is mostly Karel programs -- trying to load them simply results in a Program Version Too Old error message.

I thought I could get around this using RoboGuide. I built a virtual robot from the 8.3 robot, then re-serialized it to 9.3. Unfortunately, instead of updating the .PC programs, it appears that the process erased them. :icon_eek:

(no worry, I have backups)

But... this leaves me in a bit of a lurch. So far, I'm not finding anyone who has the original .KL files (still looking). So I may not have any option but to find a way to update .PC files whose contents are black-boxed.

Anyone know a trick for this?

• Hi,

Nation did it with passunlocker.pc

I modified the byte at position 0A from 27 hex to 29 hex, and that made it work.

Figured out what position to modify by compiling a blank program on v8 and the same on v9 and comparing them. Comparison tool was ultracompare.

Pass Unlocker - Page 2 - Fanuc Robot Forum - Robotforum - Support and discussion community for industrial robots and cobots (robot-forum.com)

• Just a note of caution: that version field is there for a reason.

Changes between 8.x and 9.x have been quite significant in some places, and there is no guarantee your programs will run correctly by manually overriding that value.

Advertising from our partners