Help with driver status change

• Hello, i need help with a robot, who is changing by itself the driver status - the I on the bottom left of the screen.

System is krc2 ed05, KSS 5.6.10 5.6.12, Safe Robot with SafeOp 2.2.6. The robot is KR150 L110

The robot worked fine until yesterday - it asked for brake test. After it was done there was some errors - please see the attached screen.

The problem we have is after that the robot started to change the driver status the I sign is going from red to green and back by itself.

After we restart the robot, it is ok, can be moved by hand etc. When we execute a program in AUT mode it is starting and after a few movements stops with red I (IO status sign) and it is impossible to be moved even in T1.

To me it looks like a bad connection somewhere, but not sure where to look exactly. We exchanged the KCP panel but the problem i still there.

Anyone faced such situation?

Thank you in advance!

• Normal behaviour, it seems that at least one of the breaks are worn out. Disabling the break test is only a workaround, your safety now isn't guaranteed anymore, if safemove is really neccessary.

• i am looking at input 140 (Drives ON) and it is not coming even when the I is green.

At the moment it is changing from green to red in AUT mode without a reason eben when the robot is not moving

• The input can be configured onto every input number. You can check in auto ext configuration.

The status of drives doesn't depend only of the input drives_on. It also depends on internal status like safety controller, faults,....

So, in your case, looking on the input doesn't make sense.

• is that the reason the I (io drives) to change its state from green to red?

You mean the small icon in the bottom row of the pendant screen, that changes between a green I and red O? That's the motor power indicator, it has nothing to do with I/O drives. It turns red whenever the motors are off. I would assume that the Brake Test error caused the motors to be turned off.

You have something causing the Safety Mode Not Possible error, that's probably blocking the drives in AUT mode. You need to fix whatever is causing that fault.

• i think the "Safety mode not possible" is caused of the disabling of SafeOp software - currently Safe monitoring is set to false.

And as i said earlier - the robot has been working fine without an issue for more than 6 months.

As per the red/green I - i named it drives on/of indicator as per the manual :winking_face: not sure what exacty it indicates, but usally it is green all the time after drives ON in Aut Ext or Aut or with deadman switch pressed in T1.

• i am looking at input 140 (Drives ON) and it is not coming even when the I is green.

At the moment it is changing from green to red in AUT mode without a reason eben when the robot is not moving

That is because PLC program does not check if drives are actually on. It keeps requesting drives on even when they are on. So change plc logic ...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• i am still trying to figure out where to look...

changed it as suggested from kuka support.

The idea was that may be a faulty esc board is throwing some errors and causing the robot to stop.

Any idea what may cause that random red/green change of the io state?

• i would start with messages. based on picture in first post, there may be a problem with value of $BRAKETEST_REQ_INT. and that value should be simply TRUE or FALSE.

so i would collect fresh archive search for that signal. it should be in KRC MADA.

also while there compare archive with older one when things were working. something did change and it seem to be that file was modified (intentionally or HDD corrupt).

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• there's no PLC connected... Just beckhoff devicenet bus coupler with some in outs.

well SOMETHING is activating the input. is there a loose wire somewhere? i have seen plenty of problems due to loose connection or IO loosing power.

also are there any devicenet communication errors?

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners