About the tooling and positioner supporting the robot

• We now have a frame about 4 meters in length that needs to be welded. The image below is a solution from an integrator.

They suggest using a 3-axis gantry truss to move the robot over a wide range, while the robot is hung upside down on the Z axis. And parts are placed on a single-axis positioner and rotated.

The problem is that I don't know how reliable this truss structure is? It is driven by 3 Fanuc servos, using RV reducer and rack and pinion for transmission.

Has anyone used this structure before? it's repeatability? it's efficiency? it's durability?

Is there any other recommended solution, ground track, or?

• This is nothing you can buy from stock.

So it all depends on the realization of the structures. The more material you use the better will be fulfilled all your requirements.

I would prefer a ground mounted linear axis, and may be a bigger robot to reach all positions. Depends on your needed working space

• This is nothing you can buy from stock.

So it all depends on the realization of the structures. The more material you use the better will be fulfilled all your requirements.

I would prefer a ground mounted linear axis, and may be a bigger robot to reach all positions. Depends on your needed working space

you mean just like this?

Advertising from our partners