Kawasaki JT5 colision detect error -1902

• Hi guys can anyone help me get this robot moving;

Kawasaki zx165, C control C42F-a003, Date 2001-04

We have just started to try to get the robot running, it was previously working OK when it was took out of commission a few years ago.

We are all powered up and motor will run, but the robot wont move. JT5 looks to be positioned at the end of its travel and we are getting Error -1902 Jt 5 collision or abnormal disturb is detected, and this cuts the motors.

I've looked for a manual brake release so I can manipulate the axis by hand, but I cant see the brake release switches I don't believe they are in the cabinet.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

• Welcome to the forum........ :beerchug:

I've looked for a manual brake release so I can manipulate the axis by hand, but I cant see the brake release switches I don't believe they are in the cabinet.

Look closer, they are fitted as standard usually to the door of the cabinet on the inside of a standard C4x controller.

If some monkey has removed them, you could look at the collision settings set in Aux function 148, disable for teach mode and move the joint free, and then enable the collision detection for teach again afterwards.

• Collision detection option has 2 functions:

- Collision detection.

- Shock detection.

These options can be deployed for teach or/and repeat modes.

The threshold (values) for each function in each mode are respectively set in Aux function 148.

These values will have been set with the application it was using at the time and with warmed up grease and functioning gearboxes.

If the robot is not doing the same application, or has not been used for ages, or the grease is thicker, or the gearboxes are tighter or failing, then the threshold (values) are likely set too sensitively for it's current condition and will either need increasing or disabling altogether.

Aux function 148 can be used to adjust these thresholds (increase/decrease) or disable the collision detection and shock detection for both teach and repeat modes.

By disabling the functions, will allow you to use the robot, without collision detection/shock detection monitoring interrupting the motion.

• You also need to replace the encoder battery ASAP.

I would not power the controller off until you have a replacement battery ready in hand to change, otherwise, you may start to see joint abnormality errors and eventually losing the current zeroing data.

Also, it looks like it's a ZX130L arm and not a ZX165, judging by the images..... :top:

• Hi guys

Good to see you yesterday.

Reference the media to try and locate so that you can make local file saves via the teach pendant, see the attached images of the known type and size that are 100% compatible with C controller including the adapter.

Advertising from our partners