offset pr causing an issue

• I have an ARC Mate 120iD / R30iBplus controller. The problem I am having is only on the arc starts. The robot will move to me approach point, then is suppose to move to the arc start but

just sits there with no error codes I have the busy and running on the pendant but the robot is not moving. If I jump the line of code and go to the arc end it will start moving to that point and then I tell it to go backward in the code to the arc start and it will move back to the arc start. I am then able to go forward in the code fine until the next arc start and does the same thing. I have tried

linear and joint move combinations with no luck, when I take the offset pr out of the code it will run fine but I have the offset pr on all moves so why is it only the arc starts that are

having the issue. Is there a system variable I need to change for this?

• kngooslin

Changed the title of the thread from “offset pr causing and issue” to “offset pr causing an issue”.
  • Try using the "lock_preg" command before your arc start, and "unlock_preg" after you are done.

If you Lock the Position registers you won't be able to modify them in your code between the Lock and unlock instructions.

• update on what i found.

sample of code looked like this:

J p[1] 40% fine arc start (4,2) offset, pr[1]

I changed it to :

J p[1] 40% fine offset, pr[1] arc start (4,2)

and it works now. I don't remember that the order was that important and this is only on the arc starts

all other points and arc ends look like the top code and run fine. ???????

• I just encountered this same problem on on an Arc Mate with an R30iB control.

Any position or position register point with ArcStart before an offset would cause a motion stop in T1 or run modes. Continuing the motion in T1 would trigger a TPIF-106.

The problem was solved by changing the order of the motion modifiers to place the offset before the ArcStart.

Glad I found this thread! I was really scratching my head on this one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Advertising from our partners